Artists not sorted correctly

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
rwlms

Artists not sorted correctly

Post by rwlms »

Am having trouble with putting my artists in order. Its fine in LMS. I use the 'name sort' tag, set to something like ZZZR to force my various artist reggae CDs to be at the end of the artists list (as they are in my physical collection).
Have just noticed that two of the categories, all albums tagged ZZZM and ZZZS are appearing under V not Z. The tags appear to be correct. Other categories, ZZZT, ZZZR, ZZZB etc are fine.
Looked in the Tools - Sorting box and the two failing tags are not there. But others are (although one is incorrect, it has converted ZZZR to ZZZR VARIOUS ARTISTS REGGAE where Various Artists (Reggae) is the artist).
If I add it manually all is fine.
Are there any known issues here? Any advise appeciated.
Rob
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Artists not sorted correctly

Post by musoware »

What are your Artist / Album Artist tags set to for ZZZM and ZZZS compilations? If the artist sort hasn't been transferred to muso, you could always add them manually if it's just these two.
rwlms

Post by rwlms »

Sorry it's not just these two so we can't go the manually adding route. I had a quick look and very quickly found numerous examples in the wrong place.
As I have said before everything is fine in LMS. All the following show up where I expect them alphabetically.
But in Muso, because the artistsort doesn't get imported properly (/ at all) they are in the wrong place.
As an example 'Diana Ross & The Supremes' has an artistsort tag of 'Ross, Diana And The Supremes' forcing it to appear in the 'R' section. Because Muso doesn't import this in to the Sorting list it appears under 'D'.
Similar for 'The Brian Setzer Orchestra' with an artistsort of 'Setzer, Brian Orchestra' (should be under 'S' but is under 'B'), 'Cedric Burnside & Lightnin' Malcolm' with a sortartist of 'Burnside, Cedric And Lightnin' (should be under 'B' but is under 'C') etc. (more examples
The TSOP tag shown in LMS is correct as above and as far as I know that is what LMS uses for sorting (after stripping out punctuation and capitalizing, I think).
Please investigate why some artistsorts are imported correctly and why some are not imported at all.
Thanks
Rob
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Think I found it - Muso imposes a length limit in the data it imports from LMS - all these are long names.I'll increase the limit.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Please try 1.5.40
rwlms

Post by rwlms »

Only 1.5.39 on the web site.
Rob
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I fixed that link, before your post I thought - so reload the page in case the link is cached please.
rwlms

Post by rwlms »

Fantastic, all looks good, everything now in its right (for me) place.
I'll give it a thorough check over the next few days but not expecting to find anything out of place.
Excellent program. thanks for the usual quick responses.
Rob