Date added

Discuss Muso, or get help
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Date added

Post by musoware »

RichG wrote:
Viking wrote: Again, my wish is to have the creation date of the main album directory set as "Source date". This is because I often maintain individual files (i.e. adding lyrics or comments) which changes the file date on that particular file but I do not wish to see that as a flag for changed source date on the whole album.

I agree with this.

But can see that it maybe difficult to implement as AFAIK LMS doesn't include the folder / file dates as part of its scan so is not included in the database, meaning Muso would have to do its own scan for this data (although it would only need to on the first time a file / folder is added).
Ah, date of the source folder is a new requirement, please add to feature requests. This would be a feature of the file/folder import not LMS, though I can look into the possibility of feeding in the LMS date as LMS keeps it for the New Music list as well (though I think this is from the Trackstat backup?).
Viking

Post by Viking »

I do not know what "Trackstat" is all about. I am not aware of its existence - at least not in my LMS setup. To me (and to RichG), folder date seems to makes the most sense. However, It still puzzles me that LMS (and all of the clients I've used with it) are able to discern recently added albums from the rest, whil Muso isn't (?). I still do not understand why Muso lists all my albums as being added in March 2013. A week from now, it will be April... :-)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Viking wrote:I still do not understand why Muso lists all my albums as being added in March 2013. A week from now, it will be April... :-)
Well, when did you add them to LMS and to Muso?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Please try the new options in 1.5.33:

Preserve source date option (to feed Date Added in Muso) now available separately on file/folder import and LMS import:
- for LMS import, options are to take it from date added to LMS or timestamp (which seems to preserve original creation date)
- for file/folder import, options are to take it from file creation date or the containing folder creation date.
Viking

Post by Viking »

I've been "fighting" a bit with Muso over this issue for some time now.
I never could get Muso to sort "date Added" according to Folder date as described in this thread.
When changing the option on the "Music Sources" tab to "Folder Creation Date", it always drops back to "File Creation Date" next time I start Muso - no matter how and what I do.
Then, one day I disabled the "quick scan" and took the time to import from Music Folders(deep scan) which takes many hours over my WLAN (Music Source is an LMS), and viola - albums now appear correctly in the order added. But if I rescan (import) from LMS again, everthing is messed up. So, I guess I'm either lost - or I've found a bug (?)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes it's a bug - this setting doesn't appear to be "sticky" - will fix.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Fixed in 1.5.38
Viking

Post by Viking »

Well, it may be fixed in the sense that it is now sticky, but Muso still fails to do what this says - namely; Preserve Source date on import to Muso from Folder Creation date.
If I import from LMS, the resulting sort order makes no sense to me, but if I import from music folders, it comes out correctly. Why is this?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Viking wrote:Well, it may be fixed in the sense that it is now sticky, but Muso still fails to do what this says - namely; Preserve Source date on import to Muso from Folder Creation date.
If I import from LMS, the resulting sort order makes no sense to me, but if I import from music folders, it comes out correctly. Why is this?
Preserving Date Added from the Folder Creation Date is only an option on importing from music folders, not from LMS. The new option to preserve source date from LMS timestamp will use the timestamp that LMS holds internally (as opposed to date added to LMS), which I think is the file creation date (not folder).