#songs found vs #songs added

Discuss Muso, or get help
musoware
Site Admin

Re: #songs found vs #songs added

Post by musoware »

Yes, well I thought so...

Basically it's the same problem as we talked about before. When you have two songs of exactly the same name in exactly the same folder name, Muso cannot hold both since it uses this combination as a unique key. So where you have both these paths:

Delta Goodrem\Mistaken Identity\03 - Mistaken Identity.mp3
Kim Carnes\Mistaken Identity\03 - Mistaken Identity.mp3

This is something muso can't handle. We addressed most of your previous issues by taking the parent folder as part of the unique key as well when the containing folder is a disk folder (CD1, Disk1 etc), but this doesn't help here - and this is the case for all 59 duplicates you are experiencing.

This is a folder organisation constraint. It is easy to work round if you are prepared to rename some of your folders - this won't have any effect on the Muso UI or LMS - it will just need a rescan.
Viking

Post by Viking »

Hmmmm.... I can see that your suggested workaround would work, but it doesn't leave a good feeling. What keeps you from adding a third level to the key? Or some other way to generate the key? This is not critical, but shouldn't the ambition be to excel Muso to the level where it can be trusted 100% ? Sure, an error rate of 0,059% will not discourage me from enjoying Muso, but as a perfectionist... :-)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I know what you mean. I do intend to look into this again. I can't use the full path as the unique key since there are at least two ways the same path can be registered : as LMS sees it (if importing from LMS) or as Muso sees it (if importing from filesystem - this can use a drive mapping or a UNC path). I want the unique key I use to recognise the same path referred to in any of these ways.

I think perhaps what may work is to use the full path but with the LMS/Muso prefixes (from the equivalences) stripped off, and if the file cannot be matched to either at least resolve drive mappings on a file scan to a full UNC path (just thinking aloud).
Viking

Post by Viking »

I fully agree :-)
And I think there are many valid situations where one could justify keeping several copies of the same album; A vinyl rip - with its characteristics, a first release on CD and in a while a remastered version with bonus tracks.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Viking wrote:I fully agree :-)
And I think there are many valid situations where one could justify keeping several copies of the same album; A vinyl rip - with its characteristics, a first release on CD and in a while a remastered version with bonus tracks.
Yes that's fine, they wouldn't necessarily have the same file and folder names - but they might. I'll revisit when I have time.