Track Group Header

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
DuLac

Track Group Header

Post by DuLac »

I listen to jazz mainly. Jazz records are often made of different recording sessions often also of different musicians. If I do not find a way to separate each different group of performers only those common to all lineups will show, something I find undesirable.
To circumvent this I use the Track Group Header as a differentiator and that allows Muso to display each performer after the Group Header. I understand that this feature was made specially for Classical pieces and can also be used for Meddley tunes. I found it quite useful however for what I want to achieve.
The drawback is that the information on Now Playing makes no sense. (please see the attached print screen)
My questions are:
a) In view of what I want to achieve is there any other route to choose from?
b) Would it be possible to have on the Options menu 2 radio buttons where one would choose to show or not to show Track Group Header on Now Playing ?
c) Am I asking too much? ;)
Take care
Luis
Attachments
1muso.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Track Group Header

Post by musoware »

Using the Track Group Header for a Jazz session title is as valid as using it to group classical movements by opus.
Did you mean to attach a screenshot from the Now Playing screen?
I can imagine what it looks like though - yes I think an option to show it or hide it on the Now Playing header would be feasible.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

The playing screen is as confusing as the main screen as attached. I do not use it much though. In the attached image you will note that instead of the Title it shows the Track Group Header.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Well it prefixes the title with the track group header, but it's cutting off where insufficient room to display all. I'll try to get the option you want into the next version.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's in 1.5.34
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Thank you ever so much! I could not ask for better support! Cheers