Transfering ratings from muso to LMS

Discuss Muso, or get help
Morbeas

Transfering ratings from muso to LMS

Post by Morbeas »

Tell me how this is possible please. I know I have to make sure the "LMS takes precedence" option is off, which it is. What else?

Sorry for the newbie question. :\
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Transfering ratings from muso to LMS

Post by musoware »

It relies on the ability for you to be able to establish an LMS database connection and import from LMS (some time, either before or after the rating in Muso was done).

If you have imported tracks from LMS into Muso (or performed an import from LMS any time after it was imported from the filesystem) before the rating is performed in Muso, Muso will have the LMS track key in order to push changed ratings to LMS immediately (you should see a message on the status line which reads something like "Rating 6 pushed to LMS for ...".

If muso does NOT have the LMS key when the rating is done, it will still try to push across any ratings that exist in Muso but not LMS at the end of the next full import from LMS. You should see entries like this at the end of the squeezeImport logs:

. file:///storage/music/flac/2009_09/Aman%20Iman/12%20Izarharh%20Tenere.mp3: Pushed rating 50 back to LMS by trackid 17986, success=True

I'm assuming you have Trackstat installed - I'm not sure if LMS supports ratings without it, but the Trackstat plugin is a pre-requisite for sharing ratings across LMS and Muso (it doesn't actually need to be a licensed copy, but the plugin needs to have been installed at some stage).
Morbeas

Re: Transfering ratings from muso to LMS

Post by Morbeas »

So just turn off "LMS takes precedence" and do an import. It works like a charm, thank you sir. :)