Performer playing different instrument(s)/different sessions

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
DuLac

Performer playing different instrument(s)/different sessions

Post by DuLac »

In case of a given performer playing different instrument(s) in two or more sessions muso treats that performer as different ones. In the attached image the name Eddie Harris should also be listed as a Performer immediately below the Album Artist and the Album Name together with the other 2 names shown. But no, it is not.
Muso uses the instruments in brackets as a characteristic to differentiate them, which in my view is nor correct. In my Basic Configuration I have defined info between brackets as a Role Attribute.
This is a very minor issue which could possibly be addressed in any future upgrade.
Attachments
muso_img.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Performer playing different instrument(s)/different sess

Post by musoware »

I'm struggling to fully understand this - could you show a screenshot of where Eddie Harris is included in the database columns?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Attached the screenshot as requested.I am also attaching another one showing the import actions as defined. They are a bit of a mess and, now that you pointed it out, may be the cause of this behaviour.
Attachments
muso_import_actions.jpg
Muso_EH_db.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I think I'm still missing how Eddie Harris appears in the Performer column of the database. I can see in one track he's also the composer but is put after the track name in brackets.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I am attaching 2 images taken from Mp3tag showing the tags added by me to the files mentioned.
You will note that there were 2 different recording sessions. Files 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 refer to one session and no. 5 alone refers to another one. On this later one Eddie Harris played tenor saxophone (ts) only, whereas on all other he played two instruments, ts and varitone. Image no.2 shows tags from that no.5 file only.
The Performer tag is imported with the same name into muso database as per defined import actions.
I hope that may help you.
Attachments
eddie harris 2.jpg
eddie harris 1.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You should be able to show me how the performer tags end up in the muso database by ensuring Performer(s) is ticked in the Select Columns dialog:
Capture.GIF
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I would suggest you replace the semi-colon in the performer suffix betwen the brackets (ts; varitone) with a comma, as it looks like that semi-colon is being interpreted as a performer list splitter before the brackets are interpreted (it splits by ; first, then evaluates the () suffixes after, so it's interpreting "varitone)" as a performer !)
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I've added Performer(s) to the selected db columns as suggested. Attaching an image showing db after having changed the suffix between brackets from a ";" to a ",".
However, this change has no effect in the way the performers are displayed on the album page as previously reported. :roll:
Attachments
performer_db.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It must have had some change if you changed ; to , within the brackets - there may be some caching going on so try restarting.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Firstly, I restarted the PC and after launching muso nothing changed. I then renamed the files we have been referring to, imported them but again no changes.
I am sorry to be a hassle for such a minor thing.