Saved lyrics

Discuss Muso, or get help
red

Saved lyrics

Post by red »

Hi, Any idea where are the lyrics saved? I've used Mp3tag and I can't find any.
Also, how do you make Muso display saved lyrics embedded in the "LYRICS" metadata tag?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Saved lyrics

Post by musoware »

If you look at the attribute mapping page: http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... te_Mapping

It shows you where lyrics are imported from for the basic filetypes and tagging systems.
red

Post by red »

My lyrics are all stored in the "LYRICS" tag of the FLAC/Vorbis tag but none of is shown in the Muso "Now Playing" page. Is there any restriction characters or content limit?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

No, so they should have been imported, assuming you did a folder import. If you could maybe send me (support@klarita.net) one file with lyrics (the smallest) I can investigate.
Ed Howarth

Post by Ed Howarth »

Just my two pennyworth. I use the lyrics feature extensively. On the Now Playing page, I paste in the lyrics, then make sure I click away from them (otherwise it doesn't seem to save them). Every week or so I do a File/Export/Dynamic Attributes To Tags. And when I look at the tags with dbpoweramp, the lyrics are there. Don't seem to have a problem unless I do something stupid like deleting an album.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I think red's issue is it's not importing lyrics from tags, not that it isn't exporting them after being input in Muso.
red

Post by red »

I've tried uninstalled/re-installed, clear database and Deep scan import but still no lyrics are appear.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I tried the sample flac you sent me, and lyrics were imported fine for me. Is it that you are looking in the wrong place for lyrics maybe? They only appear on the track page, not the album page or left panel.
red

Post by red »

Still not showing on the "Now Playing" pageImage
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Ah, show me your Import Actions & Custom Fields page from your Options, you shouldn't need any import action to feed lyrics from the standard LYRICS tag but it looks like you might have some that overrides default behaviour.