Composer sort order

Discuss Muso, or get help
vinylmad

Composer sort order

Post by vinylmad »

Hi,

Beginner here! The way Muso displays Composers is not what I was expecting...but it's probably down to me. Hopefully this example from the Hierarchy display will illustrate: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XQop4b ... sp=sharing

The example is from the 'B's. In the main, the composers are sorted by their first name, but not always, as you can see. Can anyone suggest a possible reason?

Background... Music files (FLAC) have been imported via a folder/file scan from an Innuos server/streamer. Previously they were served from a NAS running LMS to a Squeezebox Touch. Each track has COMPOSER and COMPOSERSORT tags (...can Muso use COMPOSERSORT?), where COMPOSERSORT is like "Lastname Firstname" (no comma); this was the format used with the LMS plug-ins 'Custom Scan' and 'Custom Browse'. (There are also PERFORMER and PERFORMERSORT tags, but performer listings aren't afflicted by the odd sorting issue.) I use dBpoweramp CD Ripper and Mp3tag.

Also, on the Cloud and Hierarchy pages, is it possible for me to configure Muso to sort composers by Lastname, while displaying them normally?

Thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Composer sort order

Post by musoware »

Sorry I didn't see this, but can see now you've added it to the Bugs section, I've responded there.