HQPlayer song sync

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
sbenyo

HQPlayer song sync

Post by sbenyo »

I am using the latest muso 2.6.6.1 with hqplayer 3.25.
For long time there is a mismatch between the songs in muso and hqplayer. Playing the second song in muso plays the fist one, and so forth.

It's a small issue, but I wonder if anyone has the same. It seems strange that it's not in sync.

EDIT: I moved to hqplayer 4. Same issue. It is only when playing from muso to hqplayer. Once a song is playing (e.g. directly from hqplayer) muso shows the right song.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: HQPlayer song sync

Post by musoware »

hmm no I've not encountered that, I'm not an HQPlayer user but I've tested queueing music to it from Muso and it's never played the wrong one. When you say "Playing the second song in muso plays the fist one" what do you mean exactly? Take me through the steps in detail if possible with screenshots.
sbenyo

Post by sbenyo »

I do the following:

Open muso. It automatically loads hqplayer as I defined it.
I add songs to the play list. The songs I add are also queued in hqplayer. When I want to play the first song, I have to click on the second one in t the list.

For example to play Bebo & Cigala I have to choose Bee Gees. After song is playing it is OK. Also when I choose directly from the hqplayer queue (after it's added) it's also working well and the right song displays in muso. Only selection from muso playlist is one off. This also happens with hqplayer 4.

Hope my explanation is helpful.
muso1.png
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes thanks I'll take a look at that. When you say "I add songs to the play list." how do you do that? If you select an album and choose Play Now for example it should start playing at the first track, if you could try that. If it's only when double-clinking within the playlist I can focus on that issue.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I think this is actually a problem with HQPlayer because Muso is sending the correct command to HQPlayer (--select-track index 1 when double-clicking on the second track because it is a base-0 index). I've reached out to Jussi Lasko for an HQPlayer 4 licence because I can't repeat this with HQPlayer 3, and I think I'll have to work with him to find what's at fault.
sbenyo

Post by sbenyo »

Many thanks! It's a minor issue but I hope it can be resolved.
I wonder how it's not been brought up so far. I have seen it for very long time.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

From my testing its only an issue with HQPlayer 4, it seems to work for me with version 3. I've let Jussi the HQPlayer author know, and am awaiting his opinion on whether it's a fault my side or his side.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK try Muso 2.6.62. I had an older HQPlayer 3 so that's why my version 3 was working, it used a different base for indexing tracks.
sbenyo

Post by sbenyo »

Just tried the new version and the playlist sync with hqplayer works!!
This is really great. Many thanks! :D