Back and forward buttons

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
Morbeas

Re: Back and forward buttons

Post by Morbeas »

Ok. It's better than it was before. Thank you.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Ok, so if I'm in "Gallery" view and I click on "Date Added" and later I click on "Album Score", I can't go back and forth between them. I don't mean to nitpick but this is pretty basic. :\

Edit: Now it works. Something's off with it, Jeremy. It's hit and miss.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The web works this way now though, many things are contextual within the page and don't force a page refresh and don't add to the browser history. Ordering your albums on the gallery view is one such example within Muso, it's doing sorting within the page rather than reloading the page. If you think it's an issue please start a new thread, I don't think it's related to the support of your back/forward mouse buttons.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Ok so what about programs that don't use html to render their pages. How do they handle the back and forth buttons?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm not saying you are wrong in the case of gallery sorting and hierarchy node selection - there is a case for adding these to the browser history (as well as changing page in the gallery). I'm just saying there's no hard & fast rule for contextual changes within a page - for example on facebook, turning the chat sidebar on&off doesn't add to the browser history, neither does opening up new content in a scrolling timeline - while many other things do. It's down to the website designer to decide. I'll add a feature request myself so we can take it out this thread.