"Now Playing" window losing sync with the player

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
Morbeas

"Now Playing" window losing sync with the player

Post by Morbeas »

I thought there was already a thread for this but didn't see one so if it exists, my apologies.

It's the situation where the "Now Playing" window does not stay in sync with a player. This was much worse initially but was somewhat fixed a few versions back. I'm here to report that it still happens. There are situations where the player screen will just remain blank until I re-select my player. I'll try to get you some logs.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: "Now Playing" window losing sync with the player

Post by musoware »

Yeah I had thought this was fixed for good.
RichG

Post by RichG »

I've had this happen again once or twice (I thought it was just my system misbehaving), although it's definitely improved from before the update.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Me too, but it is not a systematic issue like it was. Seems to be something to do with LMS - are others using LMS as the player too?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

This is an issue if Muso reports "Disconnected" on the player status (after previously being connected OK with no network dropouts in-between) meaning you can't queue more music (or see the Now Playing info) until you reselect the player. It's also an issue if Muso shows a player as connected but doesn't respond to play events, or Muso isn't kept in synch with Now Playing info. Anyone who gets these issues please try to capture via a log.

NB. It's not an issue if Muso is simply not reflecting the powered on/off status of the player if you have turned it off manually via the remote or LMS web UI (it doesn't continually poll for the power status intentionally, this would be a communication overhead). In this case Muso doesn't need to reconnect to the player, it will still respond to play events (turning the player on again).