Composer collation

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Composer collation

Post by musoware »

OK leave it with me
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You might need to send me your library file (C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\database\Music Library.db) because I've tried to distill it down to a simple scenario and haven't had any success reproducing your issue. eg. here I've taken a classical album and added an arbitrary group with an extra composer for each track in the group, for the arranger. It correctly shows the arranger as a prefix for both tracks, not the first arranger in the group as your scenario seems to be doing:
Capture.PNG
MDE

Post by MDE »

That's really odd. I wondered if it might be because Hough is also artist and performer, so I removed him from those roles and also removed Tchaikovsky as composer so there were only the two arrangers for tracks 5 & 6. Hough still did not appear as the arranger for track 6 although the other details changed as expected. See pic
Album3.jpg
I'll email the database.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Hmm. The database is 25MB. I could share it on OneDrive or Dropbox.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I don't think there's any other way for me to track this down.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Got your file, thanks. I think I found the issue. If you look at the group header fields for these two tracks you'll find one has a trailing :: and the other doesn't. If you remove the :: it should then behave.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (2.22 KiB) Viewed 4238 times
MDE

Post by MDE »

Brilliant! Thanks very much. Looks like I need to fix a small issue in the Picard "Classical Extras" plugin! BTW if you look at albums which have Custom10 as "Version 0.9.x of Classical Extras", you will be able to see what I have managed to do with it.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That's a well-tagged collection :)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I've made a minor fix in 2.6.54.01 to cope with this situation if it ever happens again.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Ta. But I'll fix the plugin as well. BTW, I was curious what would happen if one of the tracks actually had a subtitle. I updated to the new version and entered a subtitle on the last track. I'm pleased to report that it was displayed correctly :)