Skipping tracks

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Re: Skipping tracks

Post by MDE »

This seems to be a similar problem to the one I reported recently (topic below this one).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

How did you import them into Muso - with a file/folder scan or a synch with LMS?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I cannot locate the issue. Could you send me a diagnostic log when you try to play an album and it skips some?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Click on the bug icon top right to start the log, it will open up a folder (C:\Users\Public\Music\muso), then reproduce the issue, then close muso and send the file muso2.log from that folder to support@klarita.net
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The file NAME has a ? in the path? I think that's allowed by Linux, but not by Windows, so Muso on Windows may well have a problem with that.

What version of LMS are you on and what environment is serving LMS (eg. Vortexbox) ?
MDE

Post by MDE »

Tony_J wrote:Interestingly, the track skipping problem goes away if you select "Embedded Player" rather than the SBT as the playback device.
I can confirm that with my similar issue, and that LMS will play it directly (e.g. from the browser interface), but not when the queuing is from Muso.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

If you could both do something for me:
(1) Turn Muso Diagnostics On
(2) Play one of the problem tracks through the LMS web interface (NOT Muso) and let Muso pick it up as Now Playing (assuming it does)
(3) Play the same track through Muso & Confirm it does NOT play
(4) Show me the full path as registered in Muso (eg. on the Edit Track Fields window) - cut & paste that path into the email
(5) Close Muso and send me the diagnostic log.

This should allow me to compare the path that LMS sends through when it's played via LMS with the path that Muso pushes.
Also please let me know what version of LMS you are on and where it is hosted (Linux, VortexBox, etc) - I suspect a new version of LMS may have changed things, as I'm having no problems with mine (7.8.0)
MDE

Post by MDE »

Will do, but my recollection is that Muso does not pick up the "now playing"
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Aha, I may have found the cause. Please check your LMS configuration:
host.PNG
In particular look at the host Platform. If your LMS host is Linux-based (as max2play is I think) please set this to Linux, as the file encoding is different. I think yours may be set to Windows - if I set mine wrongly to Windows I get an issue identical to yours.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Spot on! I had changed LMS to the local machine while I was away at Christmas. When I changed it back, I tested that everything was working and it seemed to be. This problem then arose but, because I didn't spot it immediately, I didn't make the connection. Could Muso check the OS or otherwise fail tests if it is wrong?