Missing artwork

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Missing artwork

Post by MDE »

I have some sleevenotes which are pdf files. These are in the folder with the music. pdf type is selected in options for artwork. They were listed on the relevant album page, but now are not. I did a "find missing artwork". Any ideas?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Missing artwork

Post by musoware »

Pdf are documents, they aren't pictures, muso cannot pull artwork from pdf files.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I realise that, but previously it was listing the pdf file under the artwork. If I clicked on it, then it would open in Acrobat.
EDIT It is fixed by re-importing the folder. Not sure why it lost it though. It really is quite a neat solution for sleevenotes. Better might be to open pdf or html in the browser window? However, I quite like having the sleevenotes in a separate window from the track listing. Putting a URL in the Album sub-header might be another approach - still not sure about that (and in any case they are not clickable as implemented).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Not sure why you'd have lost the pdf links, unless the folder was temporarily unreachable?
MDE

Post by MDE »

Don't think that is the reason. I have been trying to add pdf sleevenotes to another album and the only way I could get the link to appear on the album page was to remove the album before re-importing it. Not a big deal, I appreciate, but I don't understand exactly what is going on. Maybe this is another thread, but it does raise the general question of what is the best way of including sleevenotes. I note that .txt files are actually viewable in the same way as artwork, BTW.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Muso should automatically pick up the existence of pdf files in the album folder and offer links to them on the album page (it cannot embed pdf files in the display, the links open them externally). For each album it caches the fact that it has found pdf files or not the first time it tries, so if the album folder was unavailable first time it will not retry next time - the easiest way to clear this cache is to restart muso.

Sleevenotes generally work better in Muso with image scans, the artwork page for an album provides a very convenient way to read them within Muso. It's on my todo list to look at .NET pdf libraries which will allow embedding pdf files in Muso, but it's not there yet.
MDE

Post by MDE »

That reminds me to get my scanner working! However, many labels now provide (freely) downloadable pdfs for their CDs, which is much more convenient than having to scan the physical sleevenotes. In particular, Hyperion are excellent in this regard, so I just go and grab the pdfs for the CD's I have. I also note that Resonus Classics (a download only label) provide pdf sleevenotes.