Now playing issue

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
siginitz

Now playing issue

Post by siginitz »

Hi,
I have noticed that sometimes now playing is not a tie when playing a file. I have an example that is very strange in behaviour. A CD with 3 titles. If I start the first or second title, now playing is showing the title, the progress and the artwork. If I select the 3erd title, now playing is not active.
In other cases a whole CD doesn’t show the now playing features. My player is HQPlayer. I like Muso, in my opinion the best software I have tried, specially because it is exclusively for Audio .
Best regards
Sigi
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Now playing issue

Post by musoware »

When did this problem start? Muso has been solid with HQPlayer for a while now. Did it co-incide with an upgrade to either Muso or HQPlayer? Is it only happening on some albums or all?
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

Hi,
I observed this issue for long time ago, cannot attribute to a specific update. It is only happening on some albums, not to all. In some cases it happens with a whole album, in other just for a specific title in the album. Also sometimes when starting Muso, which starts HQPlayer, songs enqued by Muso are not recognised by HQPlayer. Workaround normally works by selecting again HQPlayer as player in Muso. When doing this, HQPlayer dissapears in the taskbar ( seems to be deleted). A second selection starts HQPlayer again, but Muso freezes. So Muso has to be closed in the task manager, and when starting again the connection to HQPlayer works perfect. This effect happens from time to time, very strange behaviour. We are 3 persons using Muso with win2012 R2 and observe the same symptoms from time to time.
Best regards
Sigi
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It might be a non-standard character in the file paths - if you could isolate a case of a specific title in an album with the problem, then look at the filename of that title, it may give me a clue.
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

Ok, at Moment I am not at Home, will send you a specific file name on Saturday.
Best regards
Sigi
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

Hi,
You were right! I solved the problem by changing the title tag. There was an “ é” in the title. This character was marked with an ? when queuing this title to play. After change, now playing is activated as normal.
I think I will have to apply this to many other albums that show the same issue.
Thank you for your help!
Best regards
Sigi
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Thanks, I'll see if there's anything I can do to fix that issue generally.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I've put a change in patch 2.6.51.03 which may help.
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

Ok,that would be fine. I observed that the same happens with characters like ä,ö,ü, etc.
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

Great!. Up to now it works fine with the Albums I have tested.
Best regards
Sigi