Importing Lyricist tag in mp3

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Importing Lyricist tag in mp3

Post by MDE »

Having started populating the "lyricist" tag, I seem to have hit a problem with mp3 files.
For FLAC files, the import action #LYRICIST works fine. However, with the identical equivalent tags in mp3, #LYRICIST does not import.
The tags were created in Picard, which (per the documentation at https://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/mappings/) says it maps Lyricist to the ID3v2 tag TEXT (which mp3tag displays as "LYRICIST" and editID tag displays as "Lyricist/Text writer"). I therefore tried adding #TEXT to the import actions, but that doesn't work either.
Any ideas?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Importing Lyricist tag in mp3

Post by musoware »

By examining the frames of the ID3v2 tag I can see that Lyricist (if I input this in mp3tag) is stored as a special tag TEXT, not quite the same as an extended tag TEXT. I can make it read this as if it's an extended tag (so you can import it with #TEXT in import actions) - this fix is in 2.6.51.
frames.PNG
frames.PNG (8.76 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
MDE

Post by MDE »

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I can't download the latest version - I keep getting the following message "Unable to retrieve application. Files corrupt in deployment" It may be something to do with my poor internet connection. When I retry, it gets up to 6mb very quickly (looks like it's cached) and then halts. Maybe the fault is in the cached data - in which case how do I clear it?
Further details below:
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.6\Muso 2.6.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception occurred loading manifest from file MP3db.dll: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ File MP3db.dll is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.
+ PE file does not have enough data.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That depends on the browser you use. Are you using the standard web installer or the standalone installer? I've tried them both from the home page and both appear to be OK.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Browser is Chrome (but not sure why that is relevant). Not sure of the difference in installers. Windows automatically launches the application updater when I execute Muso.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It would have made a difference if using the standalone installer, but it seems you are not. Are you still having the problem?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I've just build again as a patch and pushed that out - see if that makes a difference.
MDE

Post by MDE »

It got to the same point again - 6.12MB (but this time slowly, so obviously was doing it afresh).
Full Log is:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.15063.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
clr.dll : 4.7.2115.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
dfdll.dll : 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.15063.0 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Mark/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/Muso%202.6/Muso%202.6.appref-ms%7C
Server : Apache
X-Powered-By : PleskLin
Deployment Provider url : http://musoware.com/muso_deploy/Muso.application
Application url : http://musoware.com/muso_deploy/Applica ... e.manifest
Server : Apache
X-Powered-By : PleskLin

IDENTITIES
Application Identity : Muso.exe, Version=2.6.51.1, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.6\Muso 2.6.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception occurred loading manifest from file MP3db.dll: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ File MP3db.dll is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.
+ PE file does not have enough data.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [02/12/2017 12:50:59] : Activation of C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.6\Muso 2.6.appref-ms| has started.
* [02/12/2017 12:50:59] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.
* [02/12/2017 12:51:03] : Consuming new update.
* [02/12/2017 12:51:05] : Installation of the application has started.
* [02/12/2017 12:51:24] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [02/12/2017 12:51:26] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [02/12/2017 12:51:26] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [02/12/2017 12:52:32] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestLoad)
- Exception occurred loading manifest from file MP3db.dll: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ManifestLoadExceptionHelper(Exception exception, String filePath)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadFromInternalManifestFile(String filePath)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.OnModified()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ConsumeUpdatedDeployment(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.IOException
- File MP3db.dll is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.ConstructFromFile(String filePath, Boolean partialConstruct)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadFromInternalManifestFile(String filePath)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.IOException
- PE file does not have enough data.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.PEComponent.ReadData(FileStream file, Int64 position, Type dataType)
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.ResourceDirectory..ctor(ResourceSection resourceSection, FileStream file, Int64 rootResourceAddress, Int64 resourceAddress, Int64 addressDelta, Boolean partialConstruct)
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.ResourceSection..ctor(FileStream file, SectionHeader sectionHeader, Boolean partialConstruct)
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.ConstructPEImage(FileStream file, Boolean partialConstruct)
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.ConstructFromFile(String filePath, Boolean partialConstruct)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Could be my Windows installation, The last update seems buggy to me. Restarted Explorer with no improvement. Will go for a full restart (which takes aaaagggees).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

There's nothing wrong with the release, I've run the patch update on mine and it went through as normal.