How album/track notes work

Discuss Muso, or get help
MDE

How album/track notes work

Post by MDE »

These seem to be a useful feature, but I'm not sure exactly how they work. It seems that a LYRICS tag is automatically imported, but that if it is the same on every track, it goes into album notes, not track notes. Is that correct and, if so, how would that play with any specific import actions?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: How album/track notes work

Post by musoware »

This is the official reference for how various Muso fields get populated:
http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... te_Mapping

So Lyrics/Track Notes are imported from the Lyrics tag of each track, Album Notes are not automatically imported but can be fed via a custom import action.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Thanks, but I have some album notes that seemed to have been filled automatically - I'll investigate further.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Just checked it out. If you add the same text to the lyrics tags in an album, it goes into album notes, not track notes. So you are cleverer than you thought Jeremy! (Either that or Muso is an advanced AI about to seek world domination!!)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I don't remember doing that, but I'll check the code!
I remember adding the ability to set the album notes via an import action - are you sure you're not doing that?
MDE

Post by MDE »

Silly me! I thought I'd deleted the import before testing again. I think I need an AI.
MDE

Post by MDE »

However, I quite like the result and will build something into my Picard plugin that will put lyrics in a separate tag if all the tracks have the same lyrics. That way it could be imported to album notes if required. (Reason for this being useful is that Hyperion sometimes put all booklet notes into the lyrics tag).
MDE

Post by MDE »

I've put the logic into the Picard plugin (not yet released) and it works quite nicely - common notes go into album notes and track-specific ones go into track notes. However, I noticed that the track notes parses the lyrics correctly (new lines etc.) but album notes does not.