Composer not updating

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Composer not updating

Post by MDE »

Still mulling the 2 x composer issue. Meanwhile can I raise the issue I alluded to in the last post on that topic: if I update the composer tag and re-import, it doesn't seem to update in the album display. E.g. here I updated Shostakovich to omit the patronym - it is updated in the database view but not on the album page.
edit.jpg
album.jpg
MDE

Re: Composer not updating

Post by MDE »

BTW, I notice also that tracks 3 and 5 in this album have no space after the semi-colon. The source tags for the import to these fields are FLAC tags which have a semi-colon followed by a space. It seems as if Muso is (correctly) recognising these as a multi-valued field, but then joining with a semi-colon and no space.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Addressing the first issue, but I'm not sure about the second - for a track title it just takes the tag as is, it doesn't split by separator character.
MDE

Post by MDE »

..but it seems to remove the space from after the semi-colon. I checked the underlying tag and it seems to happen during the import (i.e. wrong in the database, not just on the display).
MDE

Post by MDE »

..aha.. Edit ID-tag shows it as a string with a semi-colon, but Mp3tag shows it as two tags. So Muso is combining the tags and adding the semi-colon with no space (or the tag library it uses is doing that)?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Ah right, yes Muso may be doing that if there are two title tags.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Any chance of Muso adding the usual "; " rather than just ";" ?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'll look into it.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's odd I'm not replicating that behaviour. It only seems to read one TITLE tag if I set up two. Do you have any import actions affecting this? Also what filetype is it?
Furthermore if I set up two ARTIST tags they are imported into Muso with ; and space as the separator.
Capture.PNG
MDE

Post by MDE »

I am importing the tag PART into Title. The source file is FLAC. If there are two PART tags then on import into Title they are separated by a semicolon with no space. Multiple ARTIST tags are shown correctly with '; '. However, if you import multiple ARTISTS (note plural) into the Artist field, they are only separated by ';' so maybe it is something to do with the import. (Of course it doesn't matter for the Artist field as the display uses ', ' to separate them and seems to parse the ';' OK.)