Basic playlist manipulation

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
Morbeas

Basic playlist manipulation

Post by Morbeas »

Just curious if you'd be willing to implement a simple way to manipulate the current playlist. Even a simple - (red minus sign) next to songs to remove them for example would be very useful for me.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Basic playlist manipulation

Post by musoware »

I've shied away from curent playlist manipulation through Muso before, because it would introduce an expectation/requirement that Muso must always accurately reflect the player's queue - what if the user manipulates the queue through the player itself? How would muso know? It would have to constantly monitor it, which would add to the comms overhead. Plus not all supported players would support the queue manipulation and refreshing through their APIs.

These issues would rule out track re-ordering through Muso, which is further complicated by the various shuffle modes supported by players. I could possibly look into some simple entry removal as requested though - by searching the queue for a matching track and removing it if found - then it doesn't really matter if the queue has been manipulated through the player itself, or whether the player is in shuffle mode. This would only be available on the players that would support the necessary operations through their API, are LMS players the ones that you use?
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I see but how does the controller I have on my Android phone (Squeeze Commander http://www.squeezecommander.com/ ) handle this? Everything is reflected in real time when I make changes to the playlist from any source.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I doubt whether that uses the CLI for it's integration, it's probably using a lower-level integration. The CLI is what Muso is using as that is intended to support 3rd party interfacing. Plus Muso has to support other players.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

This is in 2.6.22, it will support HQPlayer and LMS players, all from the simple Muso queued tracks list:
- ability to delete a selected playlist item (via del key or delete button in the playlist header)
- ability to skip to and play a selected playlist item (via double-click)
- ability to move a selected playlist item up or down the queue (via arrow buttons in the playlist header)
No drag & drop just yet. Any manipulation of the playlist outside Muso may impact the expected result.

Ultimately I may allow a playlist to be saved & retrieved also.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Awesome! Thanks so much!
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

This turned out great, thanks again.

Would it be possible to have muso take you to the now playing page when you click (maybe double-click?) on a particular item in the playlist?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Double-click activates a track from the playlist. The Now Playing link is just up the left panel a bit - why would you need another way to get there?
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

You're right, it's just that as I manipulate the list sometimes it's nice to be able to go directly to the track page. Just a convenience thing, no biggie. :)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Ah right you mean go to any track's page in the playlist, not just the one now playing. That's not trivial as click is for highlighting a track for moving up/down or deleting, double-click is for activating. Maybe "Go to track" could be via another button on the playlist header (having highlighted a playlist row), or via a right-click contect menu...