Issue with Albums page

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
RichG

Issue with Albums page

Post by RichG »

Hi Jez,

I'm seeing an issue in the general Albums view. Latest Muso version, build 2.6.11.0 on Windows 7 64.

Start up Muso, which opens in the Albums page. Click a cover to go into the album detail page and then click the 'home' button to return to the Albums page.
I can now longer click a cover to open another album page, and also the 'enqueue' / 'play now' buttons no longer appear on hovering over a cover.

If I switch to a different theme or change 'sort by' it will work, once, and then stop in the same manner until I switch theme/sort again.

Seems to be repeatable after rebooting the PC and regardless of theme or sort method initially used.

Cheers.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Issue with Albums page

Post by musoware »

I cannot reproduce this - I'm going to need a diagnostic log on this please, to see if there are any browser-generated errors.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You might also try temporarily renaming your C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\html folder (to _html for example) before starting muso to force it to regenerate all the web page assets. If this works just remove _html (all it will mean is that it has to re-cache cover thumbnails), if it doesn't remove the newly generated html folder and rename _html back to html.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Thanks Jez,

Deleting the html folder hasn't helped, so I've attached a log from a clean start where I've accessed an album (Goat), then gone home and tried to accesses an other album but been unable to. I've then changed themes and gone into an artist page (Wilco) and back to home, again no longer able to access albums.

The log was showing a whole bunch 'exception Column 'LastFolder, FileName' is constrained to be unique.' errors (referring to 3 or 4 hundred files, but not any I've been trying to access). I've removed the bulk of these to keep the log a more manageable size, but kept the first and last few. Otherwise there are two or three errors logged which are perhaps relevant?

Cheers
Attachments
muso2.zip
(19.79 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I don't think so I occasionally get that browser error in the jquery library too, and it doesn't affect my experience. Does anything change if you hit Back rather than Home to get back to the albums view?
Do you know what the album was that you tried to view after the one by Goat? There doen't seem to be any log of it.
RichG

Post by RichG »

After Goat, I tried clicking on a few other albums to no avail - as you say nothing seems to get logged.

Using the back button seems to work OK.

If I click through a few pages, for instance click on an artist and then go into an album and then click back enough times to return to the 'albums' page it will work. However using 'home' from anywhere seems to break it, including from now playing or database view.
I can fix the page, temporarily, by clicking on the theme selector. Don't need to actually change to a different theme, just re-select current. Or re-sort the view.

Looks like it's something particular about my set-up. At some time in next couple of days I'll try doing a clean re-install and see if that behaves the same.

Cheers.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Instead of clicking on Home, do you see any difference if you click on the Gallery link?
RichG

Post by RichG »

The gallery link is broken in the same way as the home button.

I've also noticed that the hierarchy and cloud views break in similar ways. ie Choose 'cloud' > 'by genre' then click to open a genre, then select an album, click 'home' (or 'cloud' > 'by genre') and I can still expand the individual genres but can't select an album. Again, using the back button is OK.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

What if you change the cloud view from one to another?

It's odd that I don't get the same experience - are you on windows 10? Try to get used to using the back button for now, I'll see if I can circumvent those browser errors that are happening in the first instance, as that's the only thing we have to go on.

Presumably this didn't always happen - do you know what version introduced it?
RichG

Post by RichG »

Hi Jez

Good news - the new update to Muso seems to have fixed the issue. Whether or not this was done to the changes you've made or perhaps that a corrupted file has been replaced, I can't say. But it seems to be working fine now.

Sorry that doesn't help you get to the reason as to why it didn't work.

FYI - IIRC Changing cloud views didn't help. The problem occurred at some point in the last couple of weeks, possibly on the previous update but I can't be sure. Other things on my system have changed in that time too, so that maybe related. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks again.