Album Display & Edit Track Fields Pages

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
DuLac

Album Display & Edit Track Fields Pages

Post by DuLac »

Hi there,
Firstly I would like to congratulate you for this extremely nice and useful piece of software. Well done!
Secondly I have a couple of things I would like to see implemented in a future release if they are found useful by you and the rest of us.
The first one is a simple layout/design change. Whenever one fills the track lines with the name of the players I would like to see the song name in a newline to avoid having the song's name split in a awkward way. See attached image. Track 5 shows how awkward (and ugly) it can be and track 1 shows my interpretation of how it should show in these cases.
The second one concerns the editing of the track field information. I would see an addition of some navigation buttons as a very useful improvement. When editing several tracks one would not need to revert to the Music Database screen to move to the following track. Again I am attaching a sketchy image of how I see it should be.
I listen to jazz mostly. I understand that these improvements may only be important for this type of music where personnel may change from tune to tune and where an artist may play different instruments, all that on the same record.
These are very minor things I would like to see integrated in a future upgrade, if feasible.
Cheers from Portugal
Luis
Album Dispay Page
Album Dispay Page
muso1.jpg (176.46 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
Edit Track Field Page
Edit Track Field Page
muso2.jpg (107.93 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
RichG

Re: Album Display & Edit Track Fields Pages

Post by RichG »

I agree with both these ideas - in fact I was doing some library edits yesterday and thought that a next / previous button would be useful.

I'd also like to add that having some key commands for some of the functions in the Library Manager would be very handy. Such as pressing 'F1' to edit current selected track, 'F8' confirm group header, etc... (or whatever keys).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Good ideas, I'll see what I can do about (1) - if it has to split across two lines anyway it may as well do the split at the artist/trackname boundary.
On (2), again good idea, though perhaps the prev/next button will have to be disabled if you are editing multiple track entries. I assume you'll still expect to be able to Cancel all edits after you have stepped through several tracks - this is where this becomes tricky programatically, but I'll see what can be done.
MDE

Post by MDE »

musoware wrote:Good ideas, I'll see what I can do about (1) - if it has to split across two lines anyway it may as well do the split at the artist/trackname boundary.
On (2), again good idea, though perhaps the prev/next button will have to be disabled if you are editing multiple track entries. I assume you'll still expect to be able to Cancel all edits after you have stepped through several tracks - this is where this becomes tricky programatically, but I'll see what can be done.
Re the multiple track entries, EditID-Tag handles this quite nicely by having a toggle button to switch between multi and single track views, with fwd/back buttons greyed out in the multi view. See screenshots.
Multi view:
Multi view
Multi view
EditID-multi.jpg (151.33 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Single view:
Single view
Single view
EditID-single.jpg (160.58 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Both those images are for multiple files, but I think I know what you mean.
MDE

Post by MDE »

No. The 2nd one (with "edit single" highlighted) is for single tracks, with forward and back buttons enabled.