Machine ID Changes With Every Update

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
DuLac

Re: Machine ID Changes With Every Update

Post by DuLac »

So far, so good! It seems the problem has been solved.Thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

DuLac wrote:So far, so good! It seems the problem has been solved.Thanks.
You won't know for sure until you apply the next update! But I think so yes, as I've had to write my own settings storage package so now I have control, as opposed to using a .NET function which should have done the job automatically but didn't.
sonata

Post by sonata »

Jeremy, I have just updated to V2.5.27.1 - I needed to reapply the license, as you explained.
I will await the next update to check if the problem is resolved.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'll push another update now so you can try it, so we can hopefully put this issue to bed. This won't include any functionality change, just a patch version change to 2.5.27.2
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I updated to 2.5.27.2 and I did not need to enter my licence details. Thank you.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That's great, thanks for confirming. It should also persist the diagnostics-on setting across updates.
sonata

Post by sonata »

I was about to say YES to the update, then remembered I hadn't turned on logging after the last update. So I said SKIP, then ran Muso and enabled logging. I thought muso would offer the update after a restart. But I think now, that SKIP means to skip this update altogether. So looks like I can't verify this until another update is offered - or am I wrong abou to his? My apologies.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I found this info:

When the user clicks "Skip", it means "Ask me again in 1 week". There is no way to adjust this time delay.
If you release a new version of the application in the meantime, the user will again be prompted to update.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

musoware wrote:
DuLac wrote:So far, so good! It seems the problem has been solved.Thanks.
You won't know for sure until you apply the next update! But I think so yes, as I've had to write my own settings storage package so now I have control, as opposed to using a .NET function which should have done the job automatically but didn't.
I think think this issue is now definitely solved with 2.25.17.2. However, I reported the above prior to this last update as I then noted that the way Muso started was slightly different than before version 2.5.27.1. Starting with 2.5.27.1 whenever I start Muso I get the message "Verifying application requierements. This may take a few moments". In the past this message only showed (and only every other time) when there was a new version. And whenever it showed I had to reenter my licence details. No exception. Now the message pops up everytime I start the application independently if there is a new version or not. These findings may be totally inaccurate and irrelevant but that was as I saw them from my end. Thanks for you usual good support.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes that is expected. I switched an option in the deployment from "Check for updates after application starts" to "Check for updates before application starts". Previously it was checking if there was an update invisibly after the app starts and setting a flag so that it would self-update next time it is started. Now it is checking for updates before every invocation, so the little "Verifying application requierements" window is shown - but when there are no updates it should only show for a very short period. The advantage is you get updates straight away after deployment on the next start-up, rather than after two start-ups. The disadvantage is that little window shows every time so it's a fraction slower, there doesn't seem to be a way to show it only if it detects updates are required.

I could still switch back to the previous way if the user experience on start-up is negative.