Configurability of Muso's Intelligence

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
RichG

Re: Configurability of Muso's Intelligence

Post by RichG »

I guess its feasible to get around my point 3 by having two entries in the AlbumArtist tag i.e. DJ Joe Bloggs; Various Artists. Not sure how this will work in other software or even LMS - I'll need give it a try. Seems a bit too obvious now.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I should clarify that Muso will currently file one album under more than one artist entry if you have multiple values in tags, eg. "Robert Plant; Alison Krauss" in the AlbumArtist - you'll find it under both Robert Plant and Alison Krauss in the Artist Cloud and Hierarchy by Artist - since these show "artist groups" rather than just a list of albums. The Gallery view is different though, it is as it's name suggests a gallery of all the albums sorted in a specific way - you never have the same album appearing twice so my example album will appear with the R artists (or P if he has a sortkey set up) if the Gallery view is sorted by Artists. It's feasible to have the DJ albums filed with both the DJ and with the compilations in the artist groups (so affecting the Artist Cloud and Hierarchy by Artist), but not the Gallery by Artist - the question remains where it should be expected to appear.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

musoware wrote:No problem. It's maybe worth covering your requirement here too since it is closely related:

Essentially you want "Various Artists" albumartist tags ignored in muso (exactly what another user DIDN'T want!), or because this matches your configured compilation artist group name to be assumed as a compilation (which goes against the normal rule that any album with an albumartist has a titled artist so is not a compilation). I'm not sure if this is another switch or is implied by the ones listed above.
RichG: This should be implicit in 1.5.21 now - so try turning your tickbox off that you previously had to turn on to get all your compilations together.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Just done that and all is good - thanks.