Image Borders

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
RichG

Image Borders

Post by RichG »

Hi,

One more for you ....

On certain album covers, which are not close to being equal aspect ratio, the image placeholder / background can look very ugly:

Is there anything that can be done to make this more in keeping with the dark theme?

Thanks.

PS Hope you don't mind all these requests - as you can probably tell I've got far too much time on my hands ATM :)
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Image Borders

Post by musoware »

Muso only adds borders to make it square for the thumbnails used on the album lists. It shows them in their original aspect ratio for the large cover on the album page - are you sure in this case the white borders are not in your source image?
RichG

Post by RichG »

Yes, I'm sure the border is not part of the image - this happens with quite a few albums (I chose that one as it highlighted the issue well) and shows the same effect in the browser and the album page:

RichG

Post by RichG »

Ah - apologies. Just checked that Tin Hat album and it does have the border -my bad!

But still - can the view in the album list be made to look better?

Cheers
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes these thumbnail images are generated and it does need them to have same width/height dimensions, so it fills them in with borders when necessary. I'll have another look at this yes, either it can generate dark borders for the thumbnail when you have the Dark theme, or I could possibly have another go at making it handle non-square thumbnails (I did try this first and it was far from easy).

I like your background image by the way, I was wondering if anyone actually used that feature!
RichG

Post by RichG »

musoware wrote:Yes these thumbnail images are generated and it does need them to have same width/height dimensions, so it fills them in with borders when necessary. I'll have another look at this yes, either it can generate dark borders for the thumbnail when you have the Dark theme, or I could possibly have another go at making it handle non-square thumbnails (I did try this first and it was far from easy).

It would be good if you could have a look again at some point. Thanks,
I like your background image by the way, I was wondering if anyone actually used that feature!
I really appreciate being able to change the back ground image.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

musoware wrote:I like your background image by the way, I was wondering if anyone actually used that feature!
I didn't know that was possible. Where is the option for that?

Also, what do I call you now, jezbo? "musoware" just doesn't sound right. :)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Morbeas wrote:
musoware wrote:I like your background image by the way, I was wondering if anyone actually used that feature!
I didn't know that was possible. Where is the option for that?

Also, what do I call you now, jezbo? "musoware" just doesn't sound right. :)
It's on Options/Appearance ("Custom Wallpaper") - just drag an image into the box. The image has to be big enough to cover your browser area, or be tilable.

How about "Sir"? :) Musoware is the name of my new domain (you'd be surprise how hard it was to come up with even that!), so eventually klarita.net will become rebranded musoware (for music software), though I'll have to keep the klarita.net domain too for a year or two until the emails to support@klarita.net eventually dry up (it's embedded into the current software installs). I think on this forum I'd like to keep the name musoware next to my contributions so that it's clear I'm some sort of Admin, but basically call me what you like, Jeremy is good too :)
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Oooo, very nice! Thanks, Jeremy. :)
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (191.72 KiB) Viewed 4317 times