Troubles with Muso

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
teodorom

Troubles with Muso

Post by teodorom »

Hi,
Yes, I have to admit that my system is at its limit:
  • i3, 1,69GHz
  • HQPlayer Desktop 4.10.3
  • Conversion from 24/96 to DSD256 using ASDM7
The point is that Muso never stops from using CPU (5%). And in this configuration HQPlayer "stutters" (yes, the system is at his limits: 80% CPU).
Situation is even worse when, from time to time, Muso becomes crazy and uses 40% of CPU. HQPlayer then stops working.
If I want to have a clean listening I have to stop Muso.
Please, what's happening?
Thanks
Teodoro Marinucci
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Troubles with Muso

Post by musoware »

It could be anything, your system is choked and could probably do with an upgrade - not very helpful I know but there are too mny variables to determine exactly what Muso is doing at any given time.
teodorom

Post by teodorom »

Yes, I know, my system is at its limit.
But, please explain me why the (mean) latency, measured with LatencyMon, doubles. From 100uS to 200uS (it's quite high, I know: I'm trying to reduce it anyway).
And Muso is doing nothing! Or it should do nothing!
Is the communication with HQPlayer responsible for that? The guilty is the polling that Muso should do in order to know what's playing?
Thanks
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes, it has to communicate with HQPlayer via two TCP ports, a writer for sending commands and a reader to check with HQPlayer what it is doing.

After you close Muso you should see an hqp.log file in C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\logs so you can see what it had to do.
teodorom

Post by teodorom »

Thanks,
but I still don't understand why Muso is using 215MB. More than HQPlayer (152MB).
Only for doing that.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's not only doing that, it's building its own media library with multi-faceted cross-references that allows many different ways of viewing the library data. HQPlayer is just a player, so I'd expect it to take less.
teodorom

Post by teodorom »

Yes, but I have JRiver Media Center too and it's not so much resource critical.
Without Muso HQPlayer would be unusable, but it seems that the price to have it is too high.
teodorom

Post by teodorom »

No, it's (at least) the communication with HQPlayer that has problems.
On the left you can see the PerfMon before I changed the player. Then, after the change from HQPLayer to the "Embedded Player".
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=101 ... 1885357709
It's a random behaviour. I have just reverted to HQPlayer and the situation is normal.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I cannot see the image you postedvia the link, it says content not available.

I see you registsred Muso 10 months ago and have been a member of this forum since September 2018. Did your issues only start happening recently?
teodorom

Post by teodorom »

I started using Muso and HQPlayer "seriously" only recently.
In my opinion Muso it's the only viable way to use HQPlayer (I don't like Roon! I dislike Alchemy!), but being a JRiver Media Center user I don't understand why it's so resource critical.