Gallery does not update with new album import

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
Demerara

Gallery does not update with new album import

Post by Demerara »

On Version 2.7, when importing files, the top banner updates with the new albums, but the gallery does not concurrently load the albums as in previous versions. Is there a setting that needs to be changed now or is this a bug (or perhaps intentional)? The new albums did load into the gallery after closing and reopening muso (actually did this only once) but now that I have closed it and reopened it a second time, the new albums are not displaying in the gallery.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Gallery does not update with new album import

Post by musoware »

I'll take a look at this, meanwhile you might just press the refresh button in the toolbar to see any new imported albums if they are not visible straight away.

The other reason they may not show is if they are not full albums and you have the full albums checkbox ticked, or if the new albums are not appropriate to the music categories selected in the toolbar (if you have multiple categories enabled), or if you have a filtered view, or if your gallery is not sorted by Date Added.

How exactly are you importing new music? I've tried it and can't find a problem.
Demerara

Post by Demerara »

The problem occurred when I imported by specific folder. They were all full albums (and pass the parameters I set). Refresh did not seem to do anything, I could still see the new albums in the top banner but they did not appear in the gallery.

I then did a "Quick Scan" and all the albums/songs were added correctly and showed up in the gallery.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK I'll check by Specific Folder.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

No I can't find any issue there, new album shows up for me fine. Could you repeat the issue (e.g. remove album without removing song files then re-import) while you have diagnostics mode on (bug icon top right). Then close muso and send me the muso2.log file - thanks. A screenshot of the resuling page showing the thumbnail in the new albums bar and it missing in the main gallery view would also be useful.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Got your mail. You're in Rock/Pop view mode yet all the albums you added took like Classical, so I think that's why they are not showing immediately.