LMS material skin UI does not appear

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Re: LMS material skin UI does not appear

Post by MDE »

Nothing works - i.e. no browser bookmarks or the LMS playlist with the default skin* - so it looks like something is different with the browser set-up. Edge works fine on my PC and displays Material skin OK too.
* - default skin gives Loading... message. Bookmarks do not.

EDIT BTW I am getting errors when selecting debug mode - "Access to path 'C:...........\xSettings.dat' is denied. Not sure whether that is a recent problem or not.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I think I know what may be going wrong.

I'm using this: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/m ... /webview2/
to render web content now, I had hoped it was only a build-time pre-requisite not a run-time pre-requisite, but it would seem I was wrong.

I'll see what I can do to ensure it's bundled into muso. Alternatively you can download and install the run-time yourself to see if that works.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Downloaded that and it works well! Pic below is New Releases in Qobuz:
Qobuz in Material skin.jpg
and here when playing:
Qobuz in Material skin 2.jpg
I think this complements the Muso (dark) skin very well (there is also a light Material skin).
Net result is a consistent appearance with all music (library, radio, streams etc) in one app - Muso (at least on the PC and provided you use LMS).
BTW, the URL I use is http://192.168.1.81:9000/Material/ - that way you can keep the default skin for normal browser usage, which is handier for some things like installing plugins, which the Material skin does not seem to handle.
BTW2 - I gues a new version is still required so that the webview download is not required (not sure how I test that now I have the download).
BTW3 I am still getting the errors when trying to enter debug mode.

Many thanks - excellent work and I hope others appreciate it too!
MDE

Post by MDE »

Of course, you don't get all the rich metadata that Muso provides, but at least Qobuz can give you the booklet:
Qobuz in Material skin 3.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:BTW3 I am still getting the errors when trying to enter debug mode.
Check your folder permissions for the folder somewhere under C:\ProgramData\IsolatedStorage which contains your xSettings.dat file - you should already have read/write access as Muso created this file, but the system may have changed permissions since.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Ta - I added 'write' to my user for IsolatedStorage - that works. I can't seem to run Muso if I select "Run as Administrator"
MDE

Post by MDE »

The message to download Webview2 appears even when it has been downloaded and is running. I can't seem to close it and it is in the way. Could you prevent it if Webview2 is present or at least add a close button? Ta.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You mean it shows over the top of a running webview? I put something in place to remove it after the webview correctly runs I thought. I see it momentarily but then it gets hidden before content actually loads. When do you see it? When choosing a web bookmark?

Actually only time I see it over the top is when I select the same web bookmark twice in a row.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Tidying up a bit in 2.7.1.1
MDE

Post by MDE »

When do you see it? When choosing a web bookmark?
Yes and it’s sticky. Will check 2.7.1.1