LMS material skin UI does not appear

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Re: LMS material skin UI does not appear

Post by MDE »

On my system, the HTML is at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MaterialSkin/HTML/material/index.html
(took a bit of finding!)
So I just manually edit that.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yeah I ended up doing that but then I found LMS needs stopping/starting.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I've been playing with various alternatives involving Vue, Babel and polyfill, but have failed to fix 'class' statements in material.min.js.
Is there a good reason why Muso uses IE11 rather than Edge - I am assuming it has something to do with .NET, but sticking with IE11 seems crazy and potentially terminal.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's not Muso, it's Microsoft's .NET framework. Their WebBrowser control seems to use the IE engine, this can support HTML5 but not, it seems, ES2015/ES6 javascript which introduced classes. See https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_class_intro.asp

There are options I want to look into when I have a bit more time.
MDE

Post by MDE »

It's not Muso, it's Microsoft's .NET framework.
That's what I meant - i.e. it seems crazy that Microsoft's latest .NET framework uses IE11 and I can't square that with https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intern ... -with-ie11
I'll fiddle a bit more, but would welcome any further developments from you as I am a bit at sea in this stuff.
EDIT: Not being familiar with .NET, I wasn't aware until doing a bit of reading that .NET and .NET Framework are not the same thing, so I presume moving from .NET Framework 4.8 to .NET 5.0 is not exactly straightforward.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Try version 2.7, I've upgraded my version of visual studio which allows me to use a more modern browser in place of the .NET WebBrowser, and that seems to have done the trick.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Having upgraded, I now can't start Muso. Error is:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.18362.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
clr.dll : 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
dfdll.dll : 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
dfshim.dll : 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Mark/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/Muso%202.6/Muso%202.6.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.6\Muso 2.6.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.6\Muso 2.6.appref-ms'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [03/01/2021 09:45:27] : Activation of C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.6\Muso 2.6.appref-ms| has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [03/01/2021 09:45:27] System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
- Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.6\Muso 2.6.appref-ms'.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.CleanApplicationReInstall(Boolean isShortcut, Uri deploymentUri, Uri activationUri, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String textualSubId, String errorPageUrl, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, String shortcutFilePath)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
MDE

Post by MDE »

OK - being daft probably - the shortcut doesnt work any more
MDE

Post by MDE »

OK - it runs now (that I'm using the right shortcut -the old one doesn't work with 2.7) but the playlist screen is still blank. It just hangs with "Loading.." in the bottom left.

PS Curiously, even though the new version is at C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.7, it doesn't appear on the start menu - the old 2.6 is still there and gives the error shown above. Hopefully this will fix with a restart.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You may have created your own shortcut via "pin to taskbar" or something so the move to 2.7 means that will no longer work. It should have updated your start menu properly though, it did when I tested it.

I tested the material skin by adding a URL as bookmark, eg. http://192.168.0.5:9000/ - then choosing that bookmark, that worked OK for me, can you try that?