After update no scrolling

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
DuLac

Re: After update no scrolling

Post by DuLac »

Yes, sent to support@musoware.com.
I have just forwarded it to that same address.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Sorry the problem was my end, not receiving a test message from myself either, mail client wasn't even telling me there was an authentication issue. I'll try to look at your issue again today.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Can I ask you to reinstall IE11 via the "Turn Windows Features On or Off" mechanism? i.e. if this is not ticked then tick it:
ie.PNG
Then retry. If it doesn't work (I'm not optimistic it will) this will at least allow you to use the Explore HTML option to then view an offending album page directly in IE, and see if it has the same issue.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I have followed your instructions. You were right nothing much changed. I can now use the Explore HTML feature but still no scrolling.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

DuLac wrote:I have followed your instructions. You were right nothing much changed. I can now use the Explore HTML feature but still no scrolling.
And no scrollbar when viewing a long album in IE using the Explore HTML option either?
When it opens in IE can you try cutting & pasting the same address into Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera or any other browser you may have installed and see if the scrollbar shows up (not asking you to install browsers, just try it in any others you have).

You might also try reducing your screen resolution, or shrinking the Muso window size down to see if it affects anything.

Something's odd about your environment, I cannot reproduce it here, and have heard of no-one else with this issue. Did you defnitely discount the beta version of Windows being the issue?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

And no scrollbar when viewing a long album in IE using the Explore HTML option either?
You are right. No scroll bar.
When it opens in IE can you try cutting & pasting the same address into Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera or any other browser you may have installed and see if the scrollbar shows up (not asking you to install browsers, just try it in any others you have).
I tried it with Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Brave and I always get same result, no scrolling.
You might also try reducing your screen resolution, or shrinking the Muso window size down to see if it affects anything.
I tried both suggestions but nothing changes as far as scrolling is concerned.
Let's wait for the next Windows update and see if something happens then. In the meantime I will keep you posted if something develops. Thanks for all your support.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I didn't ask you to try the single track view yet - does that show the scrollbar when the content is more than the height of the view? Also the filtered tracks view. I ask because they share a common layout with the album view.

Also, if you could find an album which does NOT have a long album subheader (normally placed under the header), but still has a long track list - is that also missing a scrollbar?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I did get a working scroll bar and a responsive mouse wheel in the single track view. Attached is the _ALBUM.html zipped file.
However, when displaying an album with a small subheader or with no subheader at all there was still no scroll bar.
Attachments
_ALBUM.zip
(14.15 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Hmm, I cannot find anything peculiar about the album html alone.
If you could reproduce the issue with a smallish album, then zip up all these files from C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\html:

_ALBUM.html
album.css
album.js
base.css
generic.js

I want to see if these related files have been updated properly.

It might be worth deleting C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\html\album.css before starting muso as I suspect it's not overwriting it from an older version. Muso will put the correct file in place on startup.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Any update?