After update no scrolling

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
DuLac

After update no scrolling

Post by DuLac »

After updating to 2.6.71 it is not possible to scroll down when dealing with a large compilation list, for instance
musoware
Site Admin

Re: After update no scrolling

Post by musoware »

On an album page you mean? A screenshot would be helpful.

I'm designing for modern browsers now by the way, I have to move on, so if you have an old windows OS with a base IE version that does not support css3 you may have to stick at version 2.6.70. You can check your IE version by choosing Tools > Explore HTML/CSS then from IE clicking the cog and choosing About IE - you should be OK from version 10 onwards.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I have a two monitor setup. Below you will find print screens for each one of them.
The album shown is made of 6 CDs. In this particular case I have also added quite a lot of text. However, I have the same problem with all other entries that extend beyond the limits of the screen
I am running Win10 Pro fully updated. I normally use Firefox but I also have Chrome and Edge and all three are up to date.

PS - To be precise I will have to add that this issue may already be there in a previous version only it went unnoticed as such.
Attachments
3840x2160pxs
3840x2160pxs
1920x1200pxs
1920x1200pxs
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It is likely to be this latest version as I changed the way it set the scrolling content. Internally Muso uses a web browser and because I build it in .NET which is a Microsoft product it uses the IE engine.
Do you get this issue in the main gallery view or in artist view for example, do those views show a vertical scrollbar? Or is it only in album view where the scrollbar is missing? Do some albums with long tracklsists scroll or is it only some which do not?

Please also see if you can use your mouse-wheel to scroll, or whether one of the other themes works OK, or whether anything is affected by resizing the Muso window to something smaller. Unfortunately I dont have any screen nearly the size of yours to test on.

Oh and have you ever done any theme editing?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Firstly, please note that I am enrolled in the Windows Insider Program and that I am running a beta build of Win10. I am not a beta tester though. I am running Build 19041.vb release.191206-1406 which is extremely stable.

Next, my replies to your questions

a) Do you get this issue in the main gallery view or in artist view for example, do those views show a vertical scrollbar? Or is it only in album view where the scrollbar is missing?
It is only in the album view. In the main gallery view, the scroll bar is there and working.

b) Do some albums with long track lists scroll or is it only some which do not?
I've tested this with a few albums with long track lists and all showed the same problem.

c) Please also see if you can use your mouse-wheel to scroll, or whether one of the other themes works OK, or whether anything is affected by resizing the Muso window to something smaller.
No scrolling with mouse-wheel. I've tested that with several themes and also with smaller window sizes to no avail.

d) Have you ever done any theme editing?
Yes, I've edited the theme I am using. But I've got the same behaviour when using any of the other built in themes.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

This is weird then, because it's working in other views that means that the browser is compatible with css3 flexbox, which is what I've moved towards. But I use the same method in both album view and other views.

If I could ask you to go to an album page which has the issue, then choose Tools > Explore HTML/CSS, does it render in IE with or without the scrollbar? Also at that time you could send me the following file (to support@musoware.com):

C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\html\_ALBUM.html

Sorry for these issues and thanks for your patience in helping me find the cause.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Thanks for all your support. I think we are getting somewhere and the problem may lie with me.
Whenever I choose Tools>Explore HTML/CSS I get the following message
Unhandled exception in main thread
The system cannot find the file specified
Do you want to see more detail?
and the detail I get shows on the attached image file.

I think I should go for a fresh install of the program. Can I uninstall Muso and delete all pertaining files without deleting the data files?
Attachments
Tools_Explore HTML_CSS_error.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Hmm no, not sure that will do any good. Can you check if the file I pointed you to exists after you view an album page with the issue? If so send it in any case - thanks. If not perhaps you could search your filesystem where it may be.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I have just emailed you the _ALBUM.html
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Thanks. Sadly I cannot reproduce your issue. I'm wondering if it is anything to do with your beta windows (not something I can really support). Could you try repeating the process with a smaller album? i.e. send me the _ALBUM.html, and also at the same time load that path into IE and see what happens (if you can't locate IE, invoke the Start menu option then type in iexplore.exe, or if that doesn't work then load up in Edge).