Strange Behavior using RAM drive

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
fatman

Strange Behavior using RAM drive

Post by fatman »

Hi there,

I just download the latest Muso and HQplayer for evaluation running on win10. When I turn on the RAM drive, it has some strange behavior such as song duplication in the HQplayer queue, but, muso do show the correct songs playlist.
I am not sure whether it is the chinese characters or not... Also, in the RAM drive, it seem the file name is in garbage.
However, if I turn off the RAM drive, it do not have this problem.

P.S.: I am using ImDisk Toolkit

I just upload some of the songs in the BOX and send the link to @musware thry PM.

Thanks,
Louie
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Strange Behavior using RAM drive

Post by musoware »

This is how the files are named once I unzip them on my Windows 10 laptop. Is this how you see them or would I need to add the Chinese language to Windows to see them how you do?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (3.11 KiB) Viewed 2826 times
If I play these with the RAMDisk configuration through Muso I see these files copied to the target folder, but then it plays it fine through HQPlayer:
Capture1.PNG
In copying the files it is trying to normalise any non-standard characters in the destination name, I imagine that's what is going wrong on your system with all-Chinese characters. There's no real need for this normalisation given that the source will also be a valid windows filename, so I've just made a patch which keeps the source name, so please try 2.6.37.01 and let me know if this makes a difference.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Hi there,

Really thanks for your quick response... Having applied the patch, I can see the Chinese filename when Muso copy the files to the RAM drive. Moreover, it seem the HQplayer can get the right songs playlist.

On the other hand, if I press the button for refreshing the playlist in Muso, the song names change to garbage ??? character.

Also, with this patch, when I use browser to remote control, when I click "Now Playing", it show "Nothing Playing", but sometimes it can show, quite intermittent.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Louie
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Refresh playlist issue is an anomaly with the chinese character file naming combined with the use of the RAM disk, I don't think a fix for that is urgent since it's an edge case, considering you shouldn't ever need to use the Refresh Playlist function. I've recorded the bug but it's low priority at present.

Now Playing issue is more of a concern. When it shows nothing playing in Remote Control is it showing the correct playing track in the main interface? Is it only occurring for the files with the Chinese character filenames? It may be the same underlying cause.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Yes, I am avoiding to refresh the list....

For the remote control, I think it is quite intermittent. I think it is the high change to happen for the Chinese characters filename.