Double entries

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Double entries

Post by MDE »

I am retagging some of my albums. On a number of occasions, this seems to result in duplicate database entries - e.g.
Image1.jpg
The duplication is also evident in the database view:
Image2.jpg
However, as you can see there is only one of each track (when selecting "browse album" folder):
Image3.jpg
Re-importing from the album page achieves nothing.
If I remove the album and re-import it then the problem is fixed.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Double entries

Post by musoware »

Have you moved then re-imported this album? Or do you have two copies of it with dispersed collation (see http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... _Collation)? Adding File Path to the database view should allow you to see the track paths, and highlighting the paths even shows an alert if the file path is dead.
Capture.PNG
MDE

Post by MDE »

I had moved and re-imported it, but I thought that was OK. The duplication appeared only to happen when I changed the tags, but maybe it still had the old file paths. I'll investigate that next time it happens.
Is there a way to move files to another and just update the related albums without doing a full import? The only way I can find of doing this successfully is to remove and re-import them one by one. I don't want to do a full scan because only the moved files in the new folder have the right tags for the import to work properly. Should I just change the music folder to be the new one so that re-scanning is only on the re-tagged files? Or will that mean that the old album records will remain in the database unless I remove them manually?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:I had moved and re-imported it, but I thought that was OK. The duplication appeared only to happen when I changed the tags, but maybe it still had the old file paths. I'll investigate that next time it happens. Is there a way to move files to another and just update the related albums without doing a full import? The only way I can find of doing this successfully is to remove and re-import them one by one. I don't want to do a full scan because only the moved files in the new folder have the right tags for the import to work properly. Should I just change the music folder to be the new one so that re-scanning is only on the re-tagged files? Or will that mean that the old album records will remain in the database unless I remove them manually?
You can import a single folder via the options in the toolbar. If moving a folder, provided the containing folder remains the same name you can move the album's folder and re-import from the new location and Muso will move the internal references. If you rename the album'sfolder and re-import Muso has no way of knowing it is the same source album, so treats it as a new one, and the old (dead) track references will remain so have to be deleted yes.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I've identified the cause of this. I was a bit puzzled because I was just using the "re-import album folder" option, so Muso clearly knew it was the same folder! I was doing this after updating tags in Picard. Picard has a file moving and naming option. I use this to do the initial folder naming / movement of files before importing to Muso. However I left it turned on. In theory that shouldn't make any difference as the naming should stay the same after the initial tagging (unless the album name or titles change, which would be unusual), but for some reason Picard adds a (1) suffix to the file name when saving. So to Muso it looks like they are all new tracks (the old tracks have been deleted). Muso does not delete the database items if it can't find the deleted tracks.
So it seems that the issue is mostly a Picard feature/bug, but might it be better if Muso could realise that the old tracks have been deleted?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

For a "re-import album folder" operation I suppose it could, I'll add it to my TODO list.