Multiple conductors

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Multiple conductors

Post by MDE »

I've been using Muso fairly intensively recently as I'm working on the MusicBrainz/Picard integration. One or two random errors and the odd crash, but otherwise excellent as ever, and getting better.
One slight issue with conductors. Muso does not seem to handle more than one field value. Normally not an issue, but if you have an orchestra and chorus with a separate chorus master, then one or other just gets dropped. My current work-round is to merge into a single-valued semi-colon separated field and do a custom import, but it would be nice to eliminate that.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Multiple conductors

Post by musoware »

I hadn't considered that a piece could possibly have more than one conductor. Added to my TODO list.
MDE

Post by MDE »

This is what happens when you start picking up a load more metadata from MusicBrainz!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I just tried it actually and it seems to work OK. Did you put the separator in as configured under options?
MDE

Post by MDE »

Are you sure that you tried it with a multi-valued tag, rather than a tag with the names separated by a semi-colon?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes I was trying two values in the conductor field separated by a semi-colon. This shows two separate conductors at album level if all tracks for the album have this set, and both conductors have their own artist page with this album listed. So are you are saying that it's the import that needs attention? i.e. combining two conductor tags into the single conductor field with the separator?
MDE

Post by MDE »

musoware wrote:So are you are saying that it's the import that needs attention? i.e. combining two conductor tags into the single conductor field with the separator?
Yep
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK - misunderstood first time round.
MDE

Post by MDE »

That's fine now, ta.