Problems when running Muso for the first time

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
styoda

Problems when running Muso for the first time

Post by styoda »

Hi,

Hope someone can help.
I've just downloaded the small setup file on a Windows 10 system and run the file, it then downloaded more files and installed.
When I run Muso I get the following error:-
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.14393.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
clr.dll : 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
dfdll.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll : 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/Muso%202.6/Muso%202.6.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.6\Muso 2.6.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [20/04/2017 02:57:11] : Activation of C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Muso 2.6\Muso 2.6.appref-ms| has started.
* [20/04/2017 02:57:11] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [20/04/2017 02:57:11] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
- Activation failed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
Any ideas on what can be causing this problem?

Cheers
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Problems when running Muso for the first time

Post by musoware »

Did you use the standalone installer (.msi file) or the web deploy method?

What do you see on the screen when this problem occurs? Does it happen immediately or does the splash loading screen show up?
styoda

Post by styoda »

I used the web deployment method, but now I've tried the standalone and having other issues.

It installs, but when I run it, I get as far as the splash screen of initialization and then this closes and then nothing.
Kaspersky then alerts me of muso.exe having a Trogan and then deletes it and 7 other .png files.

Any ideas on ow to get it to work?

Cheers
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Muso does not have a trojan. I'll look into the other issues when I've set up a vanilla Windows environment.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Please try installing the .NET runtime first from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=49982
styoda

Post by styoda »

.net is already installed.
I've got it working, but only if I disable Kaspersky, but as soon as I enable it again the files get deleted.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Any anti-virus suite should have the ability to override unwanted actions, so there should be a way for you to tell it to leave muso alone. Try restoring the deleted files through its quarantine and see if there's an option to make that permanent.