Remote cover art qualty

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
jammy

Remote cover art qualty

Post by jammy »

I use Muso since 2 weeks and I think it's a fine software, with a lot of features and very responsive in the last versions. And perfect for HQPlayer control.

The only thing I dont like a lot it's the remote that I use on android tablet.
And I'm very disappoint with the poor quality of cover art on my tablet with the "now playing" page and all the albums thumbs.
Is there a setting in the options or is it because the remote control is in its beta version?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Remote cover art qualty

Post by musoware »

Yes remote is still in Beta as I've not had much time to devote to making it production quality. It was initially designed with small devices in mind (phones) rather than tablets, and it uses a thumbnail version of the art rather than the full resolution covers for this reason. It is due a complete overhaul if it's to become a permanent prouction feature, and that would include a responsive design for tablets. However I will still attempt to fix little bugs in the mean-time - I'll see if I can address this issue for the next version.
jammy

Post by jammy »

What a pity, because I use a lot remote apps to listen music.
I will wait for, maybe in next version...and for now I continue with the current version.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Muso was primarily built as a windows front-end rather than a web front-end, the remote capability was just an add-on that came later. This may change in the future though, I just can't say when yet.
jammy

Post by jammy »

Thanks for your job Musoware.
I got a covert art good resolution with some albums but on others I got the same poor resolution like before.
I search the reason without answer....
I think my albums are well tagged because with other software I have no problems.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The reason could be that Muso can only find poor resolution artwork. The search order is:

1. Album folder's image file search - according to the file spec under Options / Artwork (if no filespec is defined, it will skip this step).
2. Embedded artwork search - it only searches for artwork in the first 3 album tracks, if none is found there it skips this step.
3. Last.fm artwork search - only if the option "If no image is found locally, muso can search online resources" is ticked.
4. Amazon artwork search - only if the option "If no image is found locally, muso can search online resources" is ticked.

So if it found a cover in the album's folder it will use that and not pick up artwork from your tags, even if that's better quality.
jammy

Post by jammy »

Ok, I checked and unchecked différents options....and now it works well on my remote tablet.
Thanks.

Another request, I dont know if it's the best place here:
It would be very fine if we can get the timeline of the song in the "now playing" page.

That's all for today :)