Browser "back" button

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Browser "back" button

Post by MDE »

When I follow a link from an album page to an internet site (typically to MusicBrainz, but it also happens with LastFM etc.) and then click the "back" button, it takes me to an internet page I had viewed some time ago, not the original album page which is what I would expect. Sometimes it can take several clicks to get back to the album page. Is this a bug or deliberate (& if so, why)?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Browser "back" button

Post by musoware »

I think a bug, I'll take a look. When you say you "had viewed some time ago" - you mean inside Muso in the same runtime session?
MDE

Post by MDE »

musoware wrote:When you say you "had viewed some time ago" - you mean inside Muso in the same runtime session?
Yes
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I can't actually reproduce this. If it happens again, please submit some reproduction steps.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Should I turn debug on?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Not necessary and will be hard to follow, just some manually documented steps would be better - thank you.
RichG

Post by RichG »

I reported this same issue some time ago and it still happens pretty often.

Try going into a LastFM link and follow a few links on that page - ie browse through some artist images or otherwise view a number of pages not in Muso, then return to Muso. Next follow a different route to LastFM or Amazon and browse around again. When you try to use back button you'll probably find yourself back in the LastFM you were originally at before you can get back to Muso. {Hope that makes sense].
MDE

Post by MDE »

IT stopped happening for a while, but now it's started again.
Album Screen:
Image1.jpg
Click on MusicBrainz "Album Page":
Image2.jpg
Click back button:
Image3.jpg
As you can see it didn't go back to the album page, it went to a page I was viewing some time ago.
It seems fairly random when it happens, but once it starts happening, it is always the same wrong page that pops up.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yeah I tried this and couldn't get it to happen consistently, though it did certainly happen once. I tidied up some code which I thought would help and I haven't seen it happen since, but it obviously hasn't cured it once and for all. I'll do some more digging.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK this should be better in 2.6.29. If it is not and you manage to find a reproducable issue, turning on diagnostics will write information to a trail.log file in the muso logs folder, which will aid diagnosis.