Minimising Muso

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Minimising Muso

Post by MDE »

An issue, rather than a bug.
I get mildly irritated by the way that Muso minimises. Normal behaviour for windows is that clicking on the task bar just minimises it and leaves it on the task bar. In Muso's case, it disappears from the task bar and I have to re-open the full UI from the system tray. Is there a way of avoiding this?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Minimising Muso

Post by musoware »

Minimising to the task bar is the default behaviour unless you have the "Start in Server Mode" and "Minimize to Tray" options both turned on, in which case it minimises to the system tray instead, by design.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I only have "Start in Server Mode" turned on, not "Minimize to Tray". Reading the text under "Start in Server Mode", it says it will "move to the system tray when minimized" (regardless of whether it starts minimized). I am suggesting that the behaviour should be as your post says - that it will only minimize to the system tray if that's how it starts, otherwise it will minimize to the task bar.
(Call me lazy, but I like to have the server turned on automatically, even if I am running it from the desktop - otherwise I only realise that it's not on when I have settled in the sofa with a nice cup of tea!)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK I'll have a look at that...
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I remembered it wrongly. It actually minimises to the tray whenever the remote server is running, even if you have both "Start in Server Mode" and "Start Minimized" options turned off. This was by design as it is common to have server processes running in the tray, as opposed to desktop applications which minimise to the taskbar. If you configure your tray to always show the icon it's still just a double-click away from the full UI.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I get the reasoning, if that's your choice. I tend to run Muso as both desktop app and as server. Also, as a really sad geek with 3 screens on my desktop, Muso is on the right hand screen and the tray is on the left hand one, so even with the icon showing I have to heave that mouse all the way over ;) Normally it's not a problem, it's just that I've been working on the MusicBrainz interface a bit recently and kept minimising Muso by mistake...