Muso and HQPlayer remote control problems

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
Demerara

Muso and HQPlayer remote control problems

Post by Demerara »

Please bear in mind my technical competency is limited.

I am running HQPlayer as my player.

I cannot get remote control via port 5555 to work.

So to confirm the steps I have done.

1. Open Muso as administrator
2. Open 5555 remote sever URL in local machine and/or mobile device
3. Try URL without "local"
4. I have added inbound and outbound rules for port 5555

I can see the remote UI and browse through it, but whenever I click on a track it simply does not play (does not show anything queuing in Queued Music box on desktop UI). Interestingly I can pause and restart on the remote server now playing page, though nothing appears in the now playing window, which suggests to me that some level of interface/control is happening. Also on the Muso desktop UI, I cannot see anything in now playing.

If germane to the issue, I am converting ALAC files to AIFF with the ffmpeg conversion tool.

What (hopefully simple) step am I missing?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Muso and HQPlayer remote control problems

Post by musoware »

Is it a local HQPlayer or does it run on a different machine?

As you said it looks like the remote is communicating at some level. To be honest I have not tried the combination of file conversion and remote yet - will confirm that setup ASAP.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I have just fixed an issue with converted files not showing in Now Playing, so try the latest patch (2.6.15.1).
To anaylse why tracks played through the remote are not playing I'll need a diagnostic log.
Demerara

Post by Demerara »

Is it a local HQPlayer or does it run on a different machine?
It is a local HQPlayer.

Will try the latest patch later to see if Now Playing shows track.
Demerara

Post by Demerara »

musoware wrote:I have just fixed an issue with converted files NOT using the buffer folder not showing in Now Playing, so try the latest patch (2.6.15.1).
The Now Playing sub window now correctly shows the track. Thanks for the patch.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

How about queuing songs to HQPlayer through the remote? I didn't find any issue with that.
Demerara

Post by Demerara »

I think the issue I am experiencing is related to the file conversion process of ALAC files. I tried switching the File Type to FLAC and I was able to operate the Remote browser successfully.
Toggled to ALAC and no playback of files, then switched back again to FLAC and success. I can use "play now", "queue", "play album from this track now" all successfully.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

FLAC files are not converted so I guess that is the issue. Can you play ALAC files through the normal Muso interface, i.e. is it just with remote that you have issues?
Do you use a buffer folder for HQPlayer? If so keep an eye on that when you queue up tracks to check for converted files, otherwise keep an eye on C:\users\public\music\muso\temp.
Demerara

Post by Demerara »

Normal Muso works fine with ALAC conversion, it is just the remote that has issues.

I am not using a buffer folder for HQPlayer and will check the muso/temp folder to see if the tracks are being queued.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I tested this scenario and it works fine for me. Send me a muso2.log file to see if that reveals anything?