Now Playing page is stuck - LMS/Chromecast

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
oyvindo

Re: Now Playing page is stuck

Post by oyvindo »

Well, no - I admit I didn't look very closely at the output (since you warned me that it wasn't meant to human readable anyway)....
Having made some more intense investigation, I've found out that these "hickups" seems to be related to the use of Google ChromeCast devices for playback.
Or, perhaps more precisely, the LMS Plugin named 'CastBridge' that is required to stream to ChromeCast units.

It is strange that the Putty output referred to the player named 'Terasse' as that was not in use and hasn't been since last summer (it's outside on the terrace). But for some reason, whenever my LMS is restarted, it seems to default to 'Terasse'. Don't ask me why.
But during the above testing, it was a ChromeCast player named 'CCA_Me' that I used, except in bullet #7 where I selected another Logitech player shortly (Classic) before switching back to the ChromeCast again. The Classic player is named 'Soverom' which translates to 'Bedroom'. So again, I never used 'Terasse' and therefore I don't understand why the CLI would refer to it. But then, as a switched off player was inquired, it perhaps explains why the output result was so scarce?
Am I onto something? Why would logging into 9090 in inquire about the status not give me the current player?

Since we last spoke, I have discussed a few issues with the author of the CastBridge plugin (over at the Slimdevice Forum), and he has located a few bugs, and corrected them. So I will test some more to see if things have improved and post back to let you know.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Now Playing page is stuck

Post by musoware »

The thing to do then is to test the comms on a Logitech device. If you only get issues on ChromeCast players I'd say the issue is to do with those - just what that issue might be I couldn't say.