.aiff file support

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
musoware
Site Admin

.aiff file support

Post by musoware »

The 3rd-party tag reader library that Muso uses in a file/folder scan currently struggles with reading tags from .aiff/.aif files (a popular format for HQPlayer users). It does get there in the end but not before reading the entire file - if this is across the network Muso normally gives up on receiving a response from the tag reader by the time it manages to complete (it times out after 5 seconds of waiting). This can also have the knock-on effect of locking up the UI while the import is taking place.

Until a fix is made to the library (not under my control unfortunately), or a different library is found (I'm looking...) there is a workaround by using iTunes as an intermediary tag reader:

1) Set iTunes as a player in Muso (Options > Players)
3) Turn ON the iTunes "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" option, and turn OFF the 'Keep iTunes Media Folder organized' and 'Copy files to iTunes Media Folder' options (unless you need to keep these set in iTunes for other reasons)
3) Import your .aiff files into iTunes - this reads the tags without issue
4) Use the "Import from iTunes" option in Muso; the tag reader library is bypassed by reading metadata from the iTunes XML.

3) & 4) will have to be repeated for any new .aiff albums/folders you wish to add to your library, until I find a fix.

LMS/Squeezebox users should instead import from LMS rather than a file/folder scan, if .aiff files are required.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: .aiff file support

Post by musoware »

Latest version of muso now has basic tags reading from .aiff files, but not extended tags, so the above workaround is still valid.