AIFF files not recognized ?!?

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
mvilla

Re: AIFF files not recognized ?!?

Post by mvilla »

musoware wrote:OK I'm not sure why the 3rd party tag reader I'm using is failing to read the tags from that file, I will log it - but the new version of muso (2.5.19) will at least import the file with minimal information so you can get it into the muso database and push it to HQPlayer - though you'll have to edit the individual columns in the database editor after importing to get a nice album view in muso.
Hi,
I've tried with the new 2.5.19 version and I appreciate the work you have done.
At least, I'm able now to import aiff files n Muso.
Really, in my case, I can obtain only the name of the track and the name of the album, as all other info are not included. Also cover art is missing. Do you have intention to fix it in one of your next releases ? Frankly speaking, as it is now, I will not subscribe.
I'm convinced you will have more users if you enable a proper input of aiff files.
Thanks to let me know.
Massimo
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm not sure there's much I can do. As I said I use a 3rd party component for reading the tags (taglibsharp), so I have to wait until they fix it. I've previously gone through the process of testing that .aiff files can have their tags read successfully and they can, I don't see any difference in the way yours are tagged but they fail to initialise through the tag reader component.
mvilla

Post by mvilla »

Hope they fix it. If it helps, let me know how I can push a bit from my side as well ?
Thanks
Massimo
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I see there's a pull request on the taglibsharp repository (which is like a suggestion for a change) for fixing .aiff tag reading, so I plan to try to evaluate that suggestion before it's merged to see if it works for your test file - though it has been there since 2013 so it's unlikely to make a release.

https://github.com/mono/taglib-sharp/pulls
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK there's some cause for optimism: I've pulled the aforementioned pull request into Muso's taglibsharp library, rebuilt, and it does seem to resolve the issue at least with the test file you sent me. I'd prefer to base Muso on an official release of taglibsharp but if this works for you I'm prepared to roll with it. So I've just published a minor build revision (2.5.19.1) of Muso with this patched version of the tag reader in - please let me know if it sorts your issues.
mvilla

Post by mvilla »

Hi, I tried today with one folder to import, but results are the same as in your previous build (just tags based on file description are populated).
Hope they release a new taglbsharp.
Thanks for your time
Massimo
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I don't understand that - it worked for me on the file you sent me. Try 2.5.20 - maybe 2.5.19.1 didn't install for you.
mvilla

Post by mvilla »

musoware wrote:I don't understand that - it worked for me on the file you sent me. Try 2.5.20 - maybe 2.5.19.1 didn't install for you.
i tried 2.5.20 but the result is the same here's the log for one of the file:

FOLDER IMPORT LOG

FileTypes: .aiff .mp3 .m4a .flac
Folder: \\NAS_SYNOLOGY\Musica_AIFF\Al Di Meola, John Mclaughlin, Paco De Lucia\Friday Night In San Francisco
. ERROR scanning Fantasia Suite.aiff : TagWrapper creation error/timeout
. . importing with file-based information
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

How about the Dollar Brand / African Piano / Xaba test track you sent me? Does it now work with that at least? Because it does here.

EDIT: I may know why - try the 2.5.20.01 patch I've just built.
mvilla

Post by mvilla »

I have downloaded 2.5.20.01 and tried again the album "African Piano". Xaba track is indeed the only one that is imported correctly. All the other tracks have the same problem as I showed you in the log