Muso 2 is already running

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
Ed Howarth

Muso 2 is already running

Post by Ed Howarth »

I don't know whether this is me or Muso....

When I close Muso and restart it - whether straight away or even days later - if I haven't rebooted the laptop since closing Muso I get an error "Muso 2 is already running".

Looking in Task Manager after it's closed, it isn't shown as running in Applications, but it is in Background Processes. If I right click and try to close the process, nothing happens. If I go to the Details tab and try to close Muso there, I get an error "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied".

To tell the truth, it's no big deal having to reboot the computer but this has only just started to happen.

I have V 2.5.18.6. Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Is it happening to anyone else?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Muso 2 is already running

Post by musoware »

I haven't noticed this happening. It could be a one-off. Let me know if you get it again.
Ed Howarth

Post by Ed Howarth »

It happens constantly - the only thing that clears it is a reboot. Been happening for a few weeks, and I did suspect that it must be a local problem otherwise it would have been talked about here....

I'm assuming a reinstall will cure, even though an update hasn't. I'll let you know the outcome when I get a chance to do it.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK some more details please:

Version of Muso?
Installed via standalone installer or standard installer?
Do you auto-start remote (with or without start minimised)?
Ed Howarth

Post by Ed Howarth »

Version 2.5.18.6
Standard installer
Remote not auto-starting.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I haven't managed to reproduce this yet. Does it make any difference if you exit Muso while remote is running or not running?

Please send me a muso2.log (start logging while muso is running, exit then restart until the problem is reproduced)
Ed Howarth

Post by Ed Howarth »

Right! Sorry for the delay but things have changed a bit and I think it's solved.

When trying to troubleshoot this, I noticed that, if the PC that runs LMS server was sleeping, Muso which runs on the laptop loads normally (except for reporting that it can't find the database). And it loads as many times as I wanted. BUT when the PC was brought out of sleep, Muso only loaded the once correctly. The behaviour here then changed somewhat in that on the second time of loading, instead of getting "Muso2 is already running", it attempted to start as normal but when loading the database, it crashed and became non responsive. Trying to close it caused a white screen and I had to reboot the laptop.

Now, during a reboot of the laptop this morning Windows 10 updated. This nudged my brain, and I rebooted the PC which also did a Windows update.

So the reboot of the LMS server seems to have cured the problem. Course, I should have done that before, but everything was pointing to a problem with the laptop. It seems something with LMS was causing Muso to not close properly?