WAV tags

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
bibo01

WAV tags

Post by bibo01 »

Hi,

on behalf of a friend of mine.
He has a problem reading WAV tags. Albums are tagged through dbpoweramp and JRiver reads them correctly. However, in Muso they are not read properly. Sometimes disappear all together (this might be an operator's mistake as he just started with Muso).
Is there a chance for you to test this?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: WAV tags

Post by musoware »

The only known bug I'm aware of is of decoding track number from WAV files, other than that it I've found it works OK (I only have one WAV album, mind you).
I'm using a 3rd party component for tag reading so I don't have much control over it, I have raised the track number issue with the vendors however (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=754724).
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

Maybe it's not a bug a such. Possibly tags to WAV are not written in the same way between applications.
That's why I was asking if you could please rip an album to WAV with dbpoweramp (and perhaps with JRiver) and verify if Muso can read tags correctly.
If it doesn't, what can be done about it?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes I can try. All I can do if it doesn't work is to raise a bug with the vendors and to rely on them fixing it.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Tried it with dbpoweramp - as I suggested it works except for track number / total tracks. I raised this bug with the tag library vendors in September last year.
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

I am just the messenger here...

My fried has ripped a CD with dbpoweramp. Not only Muso cannot read track numbers as you specified, but not even Artist. It does read Album Artist.
By re-tagging with Tag&Rename, Muso cannot read Artist, Album Artist, nor tracks, whereas JRiver reads them all.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Well I'm afraid Muso's support for WAV tags is going to be sketchy while the taglib-sharp library is - I'm not intending to write my own tag reader and there are none as complete as taglib-sharp for some of the newer formats like DSF. I'm not sure the tag standards for WAV files are as nailed down as other formats which might be one of the reasons for the issues. What does your friend have against ripping to FLAC?
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

He uses, also for work, always WAV only.