Album organisation

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
oyvindo

Album organisation

Post by oyvindo »

My default setting under "Tools - Option - Album Collation" is "Collate by Folder".
This does work well in most situations.
However, when an album consist of more than one CD, I organize them in subfolders as ; CD1, CD2 .... etc.
This too works well as long as all the tracks in these subfolders have the same Artist name and CD name. But sometimes the author has chosen to name each CD in the set with names, such as i.e. "Spring" and "Winter"
In such cases, the Gallery view display the same albumart twice with the different names listed. I do not want it like that.

So I selected all the files in both CD's and clicked on "EDit Tag" to check the Selected Album Organisation (See the attached picture).
In my understanding this should override the default and fix this problem, but it doesn't. Why? What am I doing wrong?
Capture.JPG
Rgds
Oyvind
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Album organisation

Post by musoware »

Even with the Collate By Folder setting it is expecting the album name to be the same across both CDs, otherwise it doesn't know what to call it. So in this case you should set your album name to the common prefix ("Prenatal Education Music"), and set the disk sub-header to the suffix ("Daylight" for the first CD, "Sweet Dream" for the second - it will only look in the first track of the CD for the disk header so you only need set it for that, but you can set it for all tracks if you prefer - disk subheader is available in the Extended Fields tab of the edit dialog).

NB. You can set up import actions to populate disk header as it's not a standard tag, but I prefer just to do these fine-tunings in the Muso database edit.