2.5 queries

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

2.5 queries

Post by MDE »

Where is the executable? I need to set it to run as administrator.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: 2.5 queries

Post by musoware »

If that's because you want to use the remote, the "auto-start remote" option will run itself in admin mode. Otherwise not sure how you set the Run as Administrator option reliably - the exe is now buried deep under your \AppData\Local\Apps - that's where the ClickOnce installation technology puts it.
MDE

Post by MDE »

If it can be set to open the full UI when starting in remote mode (as discussed in another post) then it won't be a problem for the remote.
However there is a related problem: Windows 10 still shows the v2.3 in the start menu and I can't find out how to add the new version.
MDE

Post by MDE »

musoware wrote:If that's because you want to use the remote, the "auto-start remote" option will run itself in admin mode. Otherwise not sure how you set the Run as Administrator option reliably - the exe is now buried deep under your \AppData\Local\Apps - that's where the ClickOnce installation technology puts it.
I found it (buried very deep!).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:I found it (buried very deep!).
If you pin the found exe to your taskbar I'm not sure that will persist across upgrade versions - we'll find out soon.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:If it can be set to open the full UI when starting in remote mode (as discussed in another post) then it won't be a problem for the remote.
Yes that was my thought too - I'll work on that.
MDE wrote:However there is a related problem: Windows 10 still shows the v2.3 in the start menu and I can't find out how to add the new version.
"Muso 2.5 Beta" should be created as an ADDITIONAL entry in the Start menu automatically (and an icon placed on your desktop). From my Windows 10 VM:
Captured.PNG
Captured.PNG (29.62 KiB) Viewed 4328 times
MDE

Post by MDE »

musoware wrote: "Muso 2.5 Beta" should be created as an ADDITIONAL entry in the Start menu automatically (and an icon placed on your desktop).
The installer didn't do either of those on my machine. I found the .exe and placed a shortcut on my desktop.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That's very odd.
MDE

Post by MDE »

It is in "Programs and features". I can't get it to appear in the start menu apps. If I attempt to re-install, it just runs the program. BTW the bit that says "you can launch the application now" just loads a page of xml.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:If I attempt to re-install, it just runs the program. BTW the bit that says "you can launch the application now" just loads a page of xml.
That's the page the ClickOnce deployment generates - I probably won't link to that page eventually - once you install once it self-updates when it needs to so you shouldn't need to go to that page again.