I cannot import one album

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
bibo01

I cannot import one album

Post by bibo01 »

I have a 51 CDs collection by Sviatoslav Richter. I can import all of them except one (CD16).
I checked the tagging of CD16 with MP3Tag and it is consistent with the rest of the collection.
I checked Music Library thoroughly and CD16 is not imported anywhere.
If I try to re-import CD16 only, I get the message: 8 songs parsed, 0 new songs added, 0 songs updated...
I checked the original import log as well and it looks like that Muso does not "like" this particular album - 8 songs were skipped.
The Properties/Attributes of this album are the same like all others.
Is there anything I can do?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: I cannot import one album

Post by musoware »

Could you send me that original import log?

By any chance, are the album's filenames identical to other files in the collection, and the containing folder name identical too? If so you'll probably just need to rename the containing folder then retry - as Muso maintains a unique key on filename/foldername.
NB. If the containing folder names are recognisable CD/disk numbers (CD1, CD2 etc) - this logic will apply to the parent folder name not the CD folder name. So if you have clashes across disks (there may be others not just on disk 16) you might have to change all your CD folder names so that muso doesn't recognise these as CD folders - ie. so it doesn't start with "disc", "disk", "cd" or "vol" (upper or lower case). This is something else I'm looking at in version 2.5.
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

I sent you PM.

Each CD has a different folder name - CD01, CD02,...
I tried to search for the title of the 1st track of that album among all imports - I could not find it. None of the songs was imported anywhere.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

No mention of duplicates in your import log, or any errors! - hmm, it's a bit puzzling.

Is there any corresponding folderImport_160123_221346.err file generated?

If you could also send me a complete folder/file list (eg. output or dir/s from folder above the CD01 folder)?
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

musoware wrote:No mention of duplicates in your import log, or any errors! - hmm, it's a bit puzzling.

Is there any corresponding folderImport_160123_221346.err file generated?

If you could also send me a complete folder/file list (eg. output or dir/s from folder above the CD01 folder)?
It is puzzling!
No err file generated.
You have PM. For your reference, CD16 is towards the end of the printout (Sviatoslav Richter Complete Decca Philips DG Recordings).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Nothing obvious there. OK next action:

Start Muso in diagnostics mode
Import just the CD 16 album folder & let it complete
Take note of what Muso says on the status line
Exit Muso
Send me both the muso2.log file and the import log/error files.
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

You have PM for muso2.log

The import log is the usual:
8 songs parsed
0 new songs added
0 songs updated
0 albums marked as compilations
0 errors

No err log.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's saying the 8 tracks are already in the database. From the previous file list you sent me, it seems that this isn't because the file/folder names are duplicates (unless you had the volume previously in your collection?), so that just leaves the possibility that muso is suppressing their view for some reason. Do you have the other CDs displaying as separate albums or are they all volumes under one album?
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

All volumes under one album.

I do not have that volume in my collection. I searched for that particular Schubert's album as well as the single tracks.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

What if you go to database view and type/paste in the name (or part of the name) of one of those files in the filter box (with the Apply Current Filter checkbox set) - do you see the track in the db view?

It might be that they are in the db but are not associated with this album for some reason (though I'd expect you to see them as another album in that case, unless the album name tag is not set for the files?). Check the unfiltered db view sorted by reverse Date Added (and scroll down to the Date Added matching the date of the original import) - do you see these "missing" tracks along with the others from the set? If so is there anything different about them?

It might help if you could put your full C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\database\Music Library.xml (or .dbx file) on your dropbox area to allow me to do this analysis if you like - it may help us get to the bottom of this issue faster.