I cannot import one album

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
bibo01

Re: I cannot import one album

Post by bibo01 »

You have PM - I sent you my Music Library.xml
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm having trouble finding the 51-CD collection at all in that file, I see a 14-CD collection (Complete EMI recordings). Send me the .db file as well?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I see the issue. The tracks in that album have a different album name: "Sviatoslav Richter Complete Decca Philips DG" rather than "Sviatoslav Richter Complete Decca Philips DG Recordings" - presumably because the tags are different. It does appear as a separate album in its own right because of this, but if you correct the album name it should pull the volume into the main album.
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

I checked with MP3Tag, Album 16 is named "Sviatoslav Richter Complete Decca Philips DG Recordings" like all the other. It had a different Year, so I adjusted that.
From what you say I should see the album listed separately somewhere, probably under Sviatoslav Richter or Schubert F., but I don't.
In Music Database I did a search with "Piano Sonata 11 D.575 - 1. Allegro ma non troppo" as filter, but I do not get anything.
If you can see that it's imported in the database, however, it's not visible.
Can I correct it somehow?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes edit it in the database view. Filter by "Sviatoslav Richter Complete Decca Philips DG" and you should see the album name in CD16 tracks are missing the last word. Edit those entries & Apply.

Could you send me one of the mp3 files from CD16? I'd like to check those tags.
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

I have already tried to filter "Sviatoslav Richter Complete Decca Philips DG".
I remember doing a similar correction to the tags of one of the albums - adding "...Recordings" - but I do not remember which one. Is it possible that, by accident, I have "excluded" them?
Anyhow, the tracks are not visible. They may be in the database, but they are not visible.

You have PM - requested mp3
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

With filter Sviatoslav Richter Decca you can see the volume 16 created as a separate album:
Capture0.PNG
They are visible in the db using the same filter - you can edit them there.
Capture.PNG
If you hit the Edit button while highlighting the tracks as shown, you can correct the album name in a single edit:
Capture2.PNG
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Just tried importing the files you sent me - they deduce the full album name OK - no idea how yours got truncated.

If you really don't want to edit the Muso database, you could try importing just the CD16 folder again with these preferences set on the Tools/Options -> Music Sources -> Music Folders tab:
Capture4.PNG
Capture4.PNG (3.6 KiB) Viewed 4525 times
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

musoware wrote:Just tried importing the files you sent me - they deduce the full album name OK - no idea how yours got truncated.

If you really don't want to edit the Muso database, you could try importing just the CD16 folder again with these preferences set on the Tools/Options -> Music Sources -> Music Folders tab:
Capture4.PNG
I just reimported cd16 with your method and it finally appeared.
Thanks
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You probably want to turn the options off again after, as it can make scanning slower to re-evaluate all the tags on tracks Muso already has.