Losing pdfs again

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Losing pdfs again

Post by MDE »

I thought this was fixed, but it seems to be happening again and I can't work out why. Restarting Muso seems to have no effect.
The problem only seems to affect a few albums at any time and I cannot see any pattern as to why certain albums are affected and not others.
If I click on "Browse Album Folder" I can see that the sleevenote.pdf file is there. Re-importing the folder has no impact.
Removing and re-importing the album works, but is a pain, particularly if I have just settled in an armchair with my iPad expecting to be able to see the sleevenotes.
As a consequence, I have found a way to get iPeng to display the sleevenotes, but it is a bit clunky compared with Muso. (Also it requires the pdfs to be at the bottom level of the folders, which means that Muso now shows the sleevenote link twice if there are two subfolders the album folder.)
Any ideas how to diagnose?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Losing pdfs again

Post by musoware »

Well the muso2.log file (if you start with Diagnostics on) should reveal any unexpected exceptions scanning for pdf's. I can't think why this should affect some albums and not others.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Now this is really weird. When I start Muso with diagnostics all the pdf's are there. But they weren't when I previously restarted Muso (several times) without diagnostics.
Closing again and restarting without diagnostics - they are still there.
So I know how to fix it, but can't diagnose how it happens.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That may have been a red herring, I think it's more likely that for some reason it can't scan network folders until some unknown event happens. With pdf's, it caches what it found last time (per album) to make it more efficient, so won't re-evaluate it even if it found none last time. I could look to improve that, or just lose that attempt at efficiency altogether!
MDE

Post by MDE »

but I don't understand why it loses them in the first place. I'll see if it happens again - it took a while to re-occur last time.
MDE

Post by MDE »

MDE wrote:but I don't understand why it loses them in the first place. I'll see if it happens again - it took a while to re-occur last time.
OK so it has happened again - after overnight hibernation, it seems to have lost this one "Homecoming - A Scottish Fantasy; Booklet.pdf". This is a persistent offender. On this occasion, I can't see that any others have been dropped.
This is a slightly unusual name as most are just called "Sleevenotes.pdf", but there are others with spaces (not sure any others have semi-colons but there are others with special characters like &).
Closed and restarted Muso and it has come back.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

ok thanks - gives me something to go on. When you hibernated was Muso running or not?
MDE

Post by MDE »

Yes it was. Hibernated again last night, but this morning everything looks OK.
EDIT But here's an odd thing. Some sleevenotes that I added yesterday are shown as a link on the album page - OK - but when I click on it, the pdf does not open. Instead I just get a blank background in Muso. Pics to follow. Other albums' sleevenotes are OK and this one is OK on the remote (ipad).
MDE

Post by MDE »

Pics for above comment.
Image 1 - the album page:
Image1.jpg
Image 2 - the folder:
Image2.jpg
Image 3 - after clicking on "sleevenotes" (pdf is not opened):
Image3.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I suspect that after a hibernate windows needs something a bit more "concrete" than Muso trying to search a network location in order for that location to "wake-up". What mechanism do you use to map LMS paths? UNC path or drive mapping?