Option for streaming Tidal, Qobuz or highresaudio?

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
siginitz

Option for streaming Tidal, Qobuz or highresaudio?

Post by siginitz »

Hi,
It would be very useful if an additional player is integrated in Muso in order to stream Tidal or other services.
Are you planning to integrate it in your wonderful software? Roon already provides it, but in my opinion is not as good as Muso.
Best regards
Sigi
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Option for streaming Tidal, Qobuz or highresaudio?

Post by musoware »

No plans no. I don't even understand how that would work given Tidal/Roon has access to millions of tracks - the premise of Muso is that you want to present the music you own, not all music ever that you rent.
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

Sure, the main objective of Muso is to play the own music. But streaming would open the possibility to first hear additional music in high resolution and to buy and integrate it in the own library in the case that one like to have it.I think this will be how in future people is going to build her own library, after hearing you can buy what you like most!
MDE

Post by MDE »

Assuming you have Logitech Media Server, you can have (for example) the Qobuz app in that and access it from the playlist within Muso. That's what I do, although the app is not as good as the full Qobuz interface.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm still unclear how Muso would fit into this music service scenario. Qobuz advertises access to 60 million tracks, that's presumably around 4-5 million albums - would muso have to present all those with artwork and apply its standard sorting/tagging/filtering? Even if the results are paged at (say) 30 albums at a time that may be slow. Doesn't Tidal and Qobuz's own apps do exactly what you want?
MDE

Post by MDE »

Personally, I like to use Muso as the control panel for all my music playing, so for streaming, radio etc. I use the LMS playlist view. There is a Qobuz app for LMS so that works OK. However, the interface is a bit crude. Using the windows/iPad app for Qobuz directly is obviously a better visual experience, but using the multi-room facilities of LMS is not so easy.
If I was just playing on the windows machine then I am inclined to agree with you - use Qobuz directly.
I am assuming that there is some sort of API for Qobuz - hence the integration in other tools such as the LMS app, Kodi and Audirvana.
A search (or browse tree) would be necessary before displaying artwork etc.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Well worth taking a look at Audirvana. The UI and general functionality is nowhere near as good as Muso (it focuses on being a player rather than library manager), but the Qobuz interface is quite good (can't comment on Tidal as I don't have a sub) - see https://audirvana.com/try-windows/
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm having trouble finding details of a public API for Qobuz - I think I'd have to sign up first and I'm just not into music streaming services.

As a workaround might it be an idea to be able to configure a web URL as a Muso bookmark and have the main content area of Muso then display that web page when the bookmark is chosen? I understand Qobuz has a web interface.
- I just added that feature as it was easy to do and might be useful for other commonly visited web pages, eg. LMS Settings page. Will be in next version.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I'm having trouble finding details of a public API for Qobuz
So am I!
As a workaround might it be an idea to be able to configure a web URL as a Muso bookmark
It might. The problem is that the web player doesn't seem to be able to cast to LMS devices (even using Shairtunes) unless I'm missing a trick (quite likely!).
MDE

Post by MDE »

BTW I notice that LMS v8 has integration of Qobuz favourites. Might that be a way forward? My usual approach to Qobuz (which I can now use having at long last got a decent internet connection) is to use the app or browser to choose albums as favourites and then use the LMS Qobuz plugin to play those. Is there a way that Muso could include Qobuz favourites in the album library?