CD artwork

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
Morbeas

CD artwork

Post by Morbeas »

I could've sworn I've seen Muso do this in the past but for some reason, it no longer does, so I wanted to ask for it again.

For most of my albums, I have an associated cdart.png file in the same folder as the music files. Especially on albums with more than one CD, the default artwork displayed to the left of each disc (labeled DISC 1, DISC 2 etc) used to be this cdart.png file. Now, for whatever reason, it no longer displays those files and I would really appreciate it if you could please bring it back.

Thank you, sir. :)
Attachments
See the tiny little album art to the left of the words DISC 1 and DISC 2? I'm asking that muso check to see if a "cdart.png" file exists and if so, display that instead of the default albumart.
See the tiny little album art to the left of the words DISC 1 and DISC 2? I'm asking that muso check to see if a "cdart.png" file exists and if so, display that instead of the default albumart.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: CD artwork

Post by musoware »

It should display a thumbnail for each disk if your album has a folder for each disk, and each disk folder has some image in it. That looks to be the case here, but I'll have to check any priority it gives to the names of the images it looks for.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It uses the artwork search configuration filespec set up in options. I suspect we may need a different filespec for searching for disk images, but if you ensured your album artwork was stored only in the common parent folder, and you stored only disk images in the disk sub-folders, it would work as is for you.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Yeah I have my folders setup the traditional way. Master folder for the album and ,if present, subsequent CD 1, CD 2 etc folders. Many of the albums I have, whether they're multi-disc albums or not, usually have an associated cdart.png file, which represents the actual CD or vinyl record image. It would be cool if Muso looked for those cdart.xxx files and if found, display them.

Edit: I don't only have disk images in the sub folders, they also each get an associated folder.jpg file. Just like in the screenshot above.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Well if it's too much work to ensure folder.jpg isn't stored in the disc sub-folders, i'll work on a separate filespec for disk art matching.
Capture.PNG
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

This change is in 2.6.55 - you'll have to enter the disk art filsepc as I've illustrated as the default is not to override the primary filespec, so it doesn't adversely affect anyone who relies on the existing logic.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Wooohoo, awesome news and it works great! Thank you so much! :)

Though when I hover my mouse over it, the cdart image has a thin square frame around it. Maybe it'd be better without that. ;)

Thanks again! :)
Attachments
CD1.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Ah right because your disk image has transparent areas, that border looks out of place. I'll correct this next version.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Everything looks great! Thank you, kind sir! :)
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

Is there a way to increase the size of the CD artwork on the album page?